Model Cars Magazine Forum

Excellent build! I'm just starting this kit and have been doing a bit of 1:1 research. The kit's instruction book says to paint the engine block a metal color but I've also seen 1:1 pics showing a large variety of different engine block colors. 

Was curious if anyone has any info about 1:1 engine block colors for Land Rovers of this era? In some of my research, it almost looks like the factory painted the engine block in the same paint color used on the body... is that a possibility?

6 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Excellent build! I'm just starting this kit and have been doing a bit of 1:1 research. The kit's instruction book says to paint the engine block a metal color but I've also seen 1:1 pics showing a large variety of different engine block colors. 

Was curious if anyone has any info about 1:1 engine block colors for Land Rovers of this era? In some of my research, it almost looks like the factory painted the engine block in the same paint color used on the body... is that a possibility?

I did a ton of research before starting this build (that was a large part of the fun) I found images of the engine painted a variety of colors but went with a metallic steel color I happen to have. These are really cool vehicles. The next one I build is either going to be a short wheelbase or a truck. Youtube was a good reference source as there is no shortage of people restoring these things. Hoping you share your progress on here, I'd love to see your approach.