Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gas Dragster

Pro Tech

• 1 month later...

Here's the latest. Tried to replicate shop rags wrapped with duck tape on the breathers as some were run back in the day. Thanks for looking!

gbk 1 - parts of mine that were used on the injector set-up are the hex fittings and black spark plug wire.

Charlie

Pro Tech

DSCN1846.jpg

DSCN1845.jpg

DSCN1843.jpg

• 1 month later...

Lookin' better and better, Charlie. It made me get off my duff and send you an order for some fittings, magnetos, etc. BTW, whose basic engine are you using, the kit one? Also, where'd those loverly stacks come from? And finally, what size hex fittings did you use on the injectors?

B.

Lookin' better and better, Charlie. It made me get off my duff and send you an order for some fittings, magnetos, etc. BTW, whose basic engine are you using, the kit one? Also, where'd those loverly stacks come from? And finally, what size hex fittings did you use on the injectors?

B.

Thanks Guys! it's been a fun (but slooow) build so far.

gbk1, the engine is the kit engine with the addition of a (reworked) Parts by Parks intake with injectors from Speed City Resin. I also revised oil filter mount, reworked fuel pump, and scratcbuilt a harmonic balancer. Pro Tech parts used were magneto, plug boots, plug wire for injector lines with my smallest size hex fittings for the fittings and my rubber fuel line for the main fuel feed off the pump. Also added some bolt heads to the front of the pump and front timing cover for further detail.

Thanks for your support of my products

Charlie

Pro Tech

Thats looking real nice, Charlie.

I like the weathering touches, it really helps make the engine look functional..

I've been working hard on the "Christine" race car. I hope to get it all done in the next 2-3 weeks....

I'll post it here in the drag section, as well as send you a few pics. Your braided lines are the best!! I'm really enjoying plumbing this thing.

The chassis and cage are finally done, I just have the engine bay to finish up on, and then a little body work, paint, and graphics...........Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...