Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiat Topollino

mrindy77

This is the Atlantis kit of the Fiat Topollino. This was built for the annual 24-hour Facebook challenge and was completed in the allotted 24 hour time frame. It was painted with PPG lacquer and is a 1975 BMW Jade Green Metallic and the frame is Mopar Sublime Green. The small block Chevy was wired and was from the parts bin. Decals were custom made on my ALPS printer. Various shades of metalizer were used throughout on all of the metal bits. Front tyres are from the kit and rears are from the parts bin. Injectors were Parts by Parks.

Fiat.JPG

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

Really floors me how you guys produce such quality builds in such a short time frame. 24 hrs into any build and I'm still deciding what colour I'll use!

The key to the 24 hour build off is having a good plan before starting, picking a reasonably simple kit and time management. I use lacquer paints which dry relatively fast. Within the first 2 hours the body is painted and cleared and then I let it sit for 3 to 4 hours and work on sub assemblies. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

I'm still deciding what colour I'll use

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the box opened! Beautiful little Fiat, these kits when built right just have an "I'm gonna smoke you" attitude and this one is right in there. Nice paint and I guess the sponsor is of the same general shade of green.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2024 at 12:09 PM, TarheelRick said:

I'm still trying to figure out how to get the box opened! Beautiful little Fiat, these kits when built right just have an "I'm gonna smoke you" attitude and this one is right in there. Nice paint and I guess the sponsor is of the same general shade of green.

The decals are actually printed in gold. They pop nicely in the photos and in person they are a little more subtle.

• 2 weeks later...