Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi, I decided to finish off a couple of unfinshed projects,  This is a build started a few years back, Mack F700, using a cab front from the pumper the rest is scratchbuilt. I had good intensions to build a few variants so i made a mould, Cab could also be used for a Brockway & Hayes. The rest of the truck will also be scratch built or adapted to a mack r frame if one ever became available, I have`nt seen any for sale lately. Heres a few pics to start us off.

2.JPG

3.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

• Like 3

Hi, Thanks for the replies, Heres a few more pics. I have made 3 frames-2 for the first builds & 1 to make a mould from, Also 3cabs + cleaned up parts & assembled to make the suspension & axles.I only had a normal axle to convert so for now it will have to do.till i get one with an offset diff,   I used the half engine which can be cut out to fit a full engine

8.JPG

10.jpg

11.JPG

Edited by The Brush
  • Like 3

Thanks Ben, I downloaded a diagram of the spring & scaled it to size, made a template from  wood, the bottom arc, then built up the springs with strips of plastic card from there the rest is from photo`s, The brake chambers should be more angled downward next time.

Thanks Graham.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jürgen M. said:

Hi! Nice work there! How do make the moulds? Looks really nice! 

Hi, I make the mould boxes from 3 or 5mm foam board stick the parts on with PVA glue, then fill with silicone moulding rubber, The parts i need more of i make 2or3 rubber moulds, I used to mke the boxes from plastic but found foam board more cost effective & easy to cut. Cast the parts in fast cure resin.

DSCF0004.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Brush said:

Hi, I make the mould boxes from 3 or 5mm foam board stick the parts on with PVA glue, then fill with silicone moulding rubber, The parts i need more of i make 2or3 rubber moulds, I used to mke the boxes from plastic but found foam board more cost effective & easy to cut. Cast the parts in fast cure resin.

DSCF0004.JPG

Nice! 

Thanks for sharing! 👍

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi, Had a busy month with other life jobs to do, But managed to get more done on the frames The only engine i have in this scale is a DD 8v92 from AMT so far, Next job is to fit the cab. & sort some wheels & tyres. Not 100% perfect but looks passable.

Thanks for looking.

12.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

Edited by The Brush
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for the positive comments much appreciated, Heres the wheels & tyres i have cast in black resin , one got damaged so it`s now cream, These are going to painted before gluing together, Tyres & brake drums are from a diecast truck, the wheels are from the pumper kit. Thanks for looking.17.jpg.9f759bb51ba222d656b23c0122d6cdfe.jpg

• Like 1

Really interesting build you have going! Never realized the cab had so much meat to it, this kit is REALLY under-appreciated. Photo is what you started with, amazing work you've done!

Revell_Mack_Pumper.jpg

Edited by hct728(Bob)