Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your Revell '32 Ford Sedans

Phildaupho

As we anxiously await of the availability of the Revell ‘32 Ford Sedan we have been led to believe will be reissued sometime in 2024 I thought it would be fun to start this thread to illustrate how popular this kit became during the limited time it was previously in production which might in a way help assure and hasten its re-release. The flathead engine, stock taillights, cowl lights and wire wheels in the kit were also welcomed for use on many other projects As well, the original kit also generated a number of after-market bodies based on its interior such Four-Doors, Chopped versions and Sedan Deliveries.

I will start things of with a couple of my Sedans and I look forward to seeing your builds. Both of my Sedans have chopped tops. The yellow one was built as a tribute to the late Gary Meadors the founder of The Good Guys car shows and the other is a replica of a longtime Vancouver BC hot rod. I have one unbuilt kit left in my stash which I plan to build later this year but will purchase at least a couple more when they become available.

DSCN3124-vi.jpg.a1529880835f6d15ef998ecab1ec8b71.jpgphoto1-vi.jpg.ef0a991bd2156e0fbc33112987df8d3a.jpg

Edited by Phildaupho
  • Like 9

• Phildaupho changed the title to Show us your Revell '32 Ford Sedans
2 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

As we anxiously await of the availability of the Revell ‘32 Ford Sedan we have been led to believe will be reissued sometime in 2024 I thought it would be fun to start this thread to illustrate how popular this kit became during the limited time it was previously in production which might in a way help assure and hasten its re-release. The flathead engine, stock taillights, cowl lights and wire wheels in the kit were also welcomed for use on many other projects As well, the original kit also generated a number of after-market bodies based on its interior such Four-Doors, Chopped versions and Sedan Deliveries.

I will start things of with a couple of my Sedans and I look forward to seeing your builds. Both of my Sedans have chopped tops. The yellow one was built as a tribute to the late Gary Meadors the founder of The Good Guys car shows and the other is a replica of a longtime Vancouver BC hot rod. I have one unbuilt kit left in my stash which I plan to build later this year but will purchase at least a couple more when they become available.

DSCN3124-vi.jpg.a1529880835f6d15ef998ecab1ec8b71.jpgphoto1-vi.jpg.ef0a991bd2156e0fbc33112987df8d3a.jpg

Both beautiful looking builds. 

Thanks Dan for posting your Sedans. Here are a few more built by my buddies for Deuce Days in Scale that takes place here in Victoria BC Canada. Next one is July 20 2025 in conjunction with the world's largest Deuce car show - Northwest  Deuce Days.

009.thumb.JPG.af61c2fab039de903e8ea29c16dfce3d.JPG

A good example of an out of the box build by Mike Pearson

DDIS19-058.thumb.JPG.7d78ed695a4b57e08c0980f63efd6985.JPG

A Sedan Delivery conversion by Oly Moilanen

DDIS19-040.thumb.JPG.ff2ab22a3d0e596808d01659cc44264b.JPG

Resin body Four Door by Russ Ferguson

DSCN4071-vi.jpg.cfb0a821425fb8d696bed80a6c3c67af.jpg

Chopped Ardun powered Hi-Boy by Russ Ferguson, Check out the wire wheels

• Like 7

2 hours ago, falcon wagon said:

One I'am working on and one I did  before the 2dr sedan came ou.t I used the speedwagon kit 

IMG_3418.JPG

IMG_3419.JPG

Is the top one supposed to be an early version of Dave Stuckey’s Lil Coffin? Because I have been thinking of trying to build that car.

Edited by Dan Hay

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2024 at 5:00 PM, Flatout said:

Those are some good looking Sedans…here’s mine from when the kit was 1st released.  Almost out the box, changed the wheel/tires and lowered.

IMG_6649.jpeg

IMG_6650.jpeg

Great looking Sedan and I really like the color. What paint did you use?

1 hour ago, Phildaupho said:

Great looking Sedan and I really like the color. What paint did you use?

Thanks Phil… the paint was an old can of Krylon lacquer antique copper, not sure if they still make the color in the newer formula.  

• 2 weeks later...

Some really tasty models and images above...you guys rock.  Here's mine, built from a final round test shot provided to me by Revell in appreciation of me sending them the one-time only AMT 1932 Ford Tudor Sedan Street Rod series release from 1975, which they used as a reference point in working out the details of the interior pieces of their kit.  The test shot was in final form except no instructions, decals, or plating of the chrome tree parts.  Went together in a breeze as i recall.... I'm almost certain I've posed this before, so apologies in advance for the duplication, but here's a link to my on-line build thread of the kit for those who have not seen it before.... Revell-Monogram 1932 Ford Tudor Advanced Build album | Funman1712 | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Best////TB

image.png.5ad627e9e2ed91697af8ae9bd6f88c3f.png

• Like 4