Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finally finished! Diamond Reo

This is my AMT Diamond Reo - I stretched the frame, opened the doors and swapped out front axle for a KFS/Auslowe steering one, and used photoetch for the front grill. Lots of 3D printed detail parts (exhaust, flapper valve, air/electrical connectors, interior details etc). Otherwise stock. Now onto the trailer.......

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

Edited by Bren
added truck type to header
  • Like 12

• Bren changed the title to Finally finished! Diamond Reo

Yeah the exhaust turned out really well - I was happy with it. The flapper 3D file is on Cults, and the perforated heat shield 3D file is scaled down from a 1/14 King Hauler file on Thingiverse. I posted makes to each of those sites if you need more details. My user name there is Heavyhaul.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 4:11 PM, Jim B said:

Great looking Diamond Reo. Fantastic details. 

Thanks very much Jim. Appreciate the comment.

On 2/22/2024 at 3:45 PM, vincen47 said:

Love the added detail, especially to the exhaust.

• 1 month later...

What a beauty !!  That is top notch, what did you use for the door hinge? Love the attention to the details....  Take a bow for this one... it's spot on !

Jeff

On 4/9/2024 at 11:55 AM, Biggu said:

What a beauty !!  That is top notch, what did you use for the door hinge? Love the attention to the details....  Take a bow for this one... it's spot on !

Jeff

I used 22 gauge hypodermic needles (I'm a doctor so sourcing them is easy for me! :-)) with brass rod, cut into sections using a dremel cut off wheel

• Like 1

On 4/17/2024 at 3:17 PM, Bren said:

I used 22 gauge hypodermic needles (I'm a doctor so sourcing them is easy for me! :-)) with brass rod, cut into sections using a dremel cut off wheel

Thanks, Doc.... not sure I can source that, BUT I did find some possible hinges at Model Car Garage that might do the trick, maybe check them out for your next build, as it may save some time, they are called  "Big Rig piano hinges"........... thanks and your build is wonderful !

Jeff