Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1970 challenger r/t

DL1099

Just finished today. The kit was interesting. The hardtop roof didn't look quite right so I didn't use it. The fitment of the parts was really good. It lacked interior door details. The chrome plating was awful. Painted with rattle can and clear coat.. The decals had yellowed so I didn't use them, so this will represent a plain-jane Challenger which happens to have a 440six pack...  OOPS just realized 440ci should be orange, small blocks were blue..😒LOL

20240302_125831~2.jpg

20240302_125852~2.jpg

20240302_125859~2.jpg

20240302_125908~2.jpg

20240302_125923~2.jpg

20240302_125950.jpg

Edited by DL1099
  • Like 7

Nice work Dana. Did this one myself not long back. The roof took a bit of fiddling to fit but not too bad in the end. 

I'm guessing your build is probably of a similar kit issue vintage as mine. Apparently the new Round 2 re-issue still has the separate roof but not the convertible boot which sort of defeats the whole purpose.  

Challenger .jpg

• Like 4

Very clean build there Dana, it looks great in silver, a good colour for the "stripe delete" option. I like the heat effected cast exhaust manifolds too, well done.

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍