Model Cars Magazine Forum

More Muscle: 69 Chevelle SS396

Finished up the 69 Camaro, now starting a 69 Chevelle. This is the Revell SS396 kit. Going over the parts it looks really nice, should build out good if I don't mess it up. Got the body primed, thinking I may go with a green. It will be a stock oob build. Maybe I'll add a few details under the hood.

IMGP9465.JPG

• Like 1

I have that kit too. Finding it hard to get a flat hood for it. Nothing fits. Tried to widen it out with some strips of plastic glued to the edges, but it breaks up when you try to file it down even. 

• Like 1

James, the Revell 69 Chevelle is an excellent kit. I have built it and the 68 Chevelle twice now and still have one of each in the closet. The 68 below in light blue metallic took a 2nd place in Factory Stock at a contest and the 69 in Daytona Yellow took a 1st place in Factory Stock in another. I'm thinking of buying one more of each before they are gone from the shelves! 😎

image.png.8ad17483b4f3a1da4dd2ad1456f9c7e7.png

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

James, the Revell 69 Chevelle is an excellent kit. I have built it and the 68 Chevelle twice now and still have one of each in the closet. The 68 below in light blue metallic took a 2nd place in Factory Stock at a contest and the 69 in Daytona Yellow took a 1st place in Factory Stock in another. I'm thinking of buying one more of each before they are gone from the shelves! 😎

image.png.8ad17483b4f3a1da4dd2ad1456f9c7e7.png

Those are some good looking Chevelles.

17 hours ago, Metalmad said:

James if you end up painting it the fathom green I recommend laying down a base coat of semi gloss black.

I will probably just go with Tamiya light green.