Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who manufacturers these kits in US or UK??🤔

Since I've joined I am totally blown away by some of the kits some of you are building I didn't know they were available in the US so I thought I would throw this out to the other readers of Model Car Mag I'm looking for VW the one on the trailer and the SP2-3 powered by Fiat it was Brazil built also type 147 postal model Volvo 544 u/p, 1800 and the one with the split grill the Gasser photo is body I want in a wagon and other one is Siata 208CS Barton roadster, 208s roadster this is the secretary's car Steve McQueen owned one of these his little Ferrari also a Spring last car they made in 1967 I've seen one a take off of the thing by Volkswagen, 200 Balboa red car and Siata abarth. If you guys don't know about this company this is very interesting reading the history this guy 10 years before Carroll Shelby produced the AC Cobra this guy had a car a secretary's car with a four-cylinder motor Fiat and dropped an 1100 cc Fiat V8 in it in 1953 the owner of the company was a Grand Prix racer just like Carol Shelby.gplus-213155577.jpg.bbdcbb33558cecbf398c96e48f2f5fbe.jpg

pixlr_20170425085620148.jpg

gplus-1987097908.jpg

gplus394947871.jpg

Siata_208CS_Bertone_Spider.jpg

siata-208s-05.jpg

siata-208s-02.jpg

P1800 Drag Racer 2.jpg

gplus394947871.jpg

A search in Scalemates would be a good start.  It has listings for resin, plastic and metal kits from the last 90 years.  Once you narrow down when a kit was made the next challenge is of course finding one.  You may end up searching for custom 3D printed ones for more off beat subject matter

• Like 1

The dannenhauer and strauss isn't available anywhere and to build one you need 3 kits and some vision. You will need the front from the revell porsche 356 speedster, the rear feander from a cord and a tamiya/revell/polar lights beetle. I've been gathering the parts to build one. 

For the sp2 there are 2 3d printed kits and one printed body. Both kits have major flaws around the rear wheelarches but the 3d printed body from king3d is pretty accurate. also the sp2 had a type 4 vw engine not a fiat engine. I have files for most vws, vw based vehicles and parts, and if you are in the uk i can supply prints too.

i dont have files for the type 147 fridolin post van

The volvos are available in prints too but some need to be rescaled from military models. I found a pre war volvo sedan that looked pretty good last night and i've seen the amazon and p1800 on cults but volvos aren't something i look out for.

• Like 1

The Volvo delivery wasn't called 544 because the 544 was the regular sedan, the station wagon/delivery was a PV 445 (split windshield) later P 210 (one piece windshield) Duett and the pickup is most likely also based on the PV 445 as it has split windshield.
They look similar but there is one big difference between the PV 444/544 sedan car and the PV 445/P 210, the PV 444/544 sedan is a unibody and the PV 445/P 210 is a body on a separate frame.

Volvo model kits are rare as hens teeth, particulary the older ones, and all I have seen is resin kits.

Edited by Force