Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Maverick (new ones) height question

Will the new Ford Maverick pickups fit through a 6 foot high garage door? All the web sites have the height at 68.7 inches, but I am not sure if that is cab height, or if it includes the antenna on the roof.

My wife is looking at them, but wants to make sure they will fit in the garage.

Best way to find out would be to go to a dealer with a tape measure in hand and measure it. Remember also the size tires will have some effect on the height of the vehicle.  Six foot is 72 inches so if the height is 68.7 that gives you 3.3 inches to play with. The antennas on the roof of my '22 F-150 are less than 2 inches. Hope this helps in some way.

Yeah, I didn't have a tape on me yesterday when we saw one at the local dealer. The Maverick has a 6ish inch satellite radio antenna (angled back) mast on the roof. My garage door opening is actually 75 inches, hoping that's enough. But, her heart isn't set on one, so we will see.

I wonder how much shorter a base FWD model is than the loaded AWD.

I'm going to say the truck would fit. 

The antenna base is the 68" mentioned above, and the mast is about 6 inches in height.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think you should be fine in a 6ft overhead door.

Head to the dealer though, and ask for a demo drive. Tell them straight up you want to see if it will fit in your garage.

Also, the base FWD version is the same height as the XLT or Lariat.

Unless you add the Tremor package, which adds an inch or so to the height.

The 6 foot door leads into a 7 foot high basement. House was built in the 50s. Thats pretty common around here.

We will be test driving it this afternoon. Already found an aftermarket antenna that is 4 inches shorter than OEM. so, it should fit.

The wife brought it home on a test drive this afternoon, and it fits like a glove. Even with the stock antenna. We have an appointment Monday to sign papers.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, ksnow said:

The 6 foot door leads into a 7 foot high basement. House was built in the 50s. Thats pretty common around here.

We will be test driving it this afternoon. Already found an aftermarket antenna that is 4 inches shorter than OEM. so, it should fit.

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

Enjoy the Maverick. A friend of mine has one, and is very happy with it.

Kyle....you gotta promise to come back here at 5,000 and 10,000 miles and give us a review. I've been thinkin' about getting one of those things......

Tell me.........it's Friday. What type of self respecting car salesman lets you get away and "making an appointment" three days out to close the deal? Lotta things can happen in those three days!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CaddyDaddy said:

Kyle....you gotta promise to come back here at 5,000 and 10,000 miles and give us a review. I've been thinkin' about getting one of those things......

Tell me.........it's Friday. What type of self respecting car salesman lets you get away and "making an appointment" three days out to close the deal? Lotta things can happen in those three days!

I'll give updates for sure. First impression on the test drive, its a pretty nice little truck thing. When I mentioned I could see myself hunting/trapping out of it, my wife gave me "the look". I guess that's off limits.

We are travelling to Colorado and Wyoming end of June, so we'll get some miles on it then for sure.

We are getting the XLT trim, with the turbo 4 and AWD.

I am out of town tomorrow and Saturday, so signing then. It's out getting undercoated today.

Edited by ksnow
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

We brought it home this evening. She loves it. Will be ordering accessories for it the next few days. I will get pictures when the weather is nice, probably Wednesday. Its the Alto Blue metallic with black alloy wheels.

Edited by ksnow
I can't type
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ksnow said:

Finally got a chance to take a picture.

20240510_163136.jpg

20240510_163142.jpg

Great looking pickup. This looks like a more practical size than what most seem to buy around here. The color also looks great one this body style. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 10:32 AM, espo said:

Great looking pickup. This looks like a more practical size than what most seem to buy around here. The color also looks great one this body style. 

We don't really ever tow anything, and she will use the bed mostly for gardening supplies and her bicycle. She doesn't need a 3/4 ton, that's for sure.

500 miles on it so far, and getting 31.8 mpg, can't argue with that at all.

Very nice looking ride, but then it is a FORD so that is to be expected. I had sort of thought (not too seriously) about trading in my F-150 for one of those, but then considered I would have a difficult time towing my pontoon.

10 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Ford has had some really nice Colours the past few years.

Yes they have.

20220403_114610.jpg

8 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Atlas Blue looks so good in person. Excellent choice!

Blue happens to be her favorite color, so it was an easy choice. And it was the only one on the lot, well, other than a Tremor package one.