Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Corvette

TransAmMike

Hello All!  Finally got this one done but it wasn't easy.  2 repaints, scrapped one body after severely warping it (😂don't ask)  and some fit issues. A big shout out to forum member Gramps46 for coming thru for me with a new body (in fact a whole kit less wheels and tires...thanks again Gary).

Paint is Mr. Color black over black Mr. Surfacer 1500.  Insert and interior is a Tamiya red. BMF trim. Chrome around the covers were no fun at all.   Keith Marks emblem decals (very thin and tedious to work with).

So here it is...for me at my age and deteriorating skill it's about as good as it can be.

20240429_132841b.jpg.71c84a08a34dae65d9d0e835cee3cd66.jpg

20240429_133047a.jpg.1cec5bc82de60e144f6cbf6eb5bbf1a2.jpg

20240428_161555.jpg.5e0aea4fc7a150269a943586241a292e.jpg

20240428_160909a.jpg.ec01d109289a27b45b3da2d8dfaa4ec9.jpg

20240428_153650b.jpg.2dbfd83b9d2f4fa9eb8707cc606916cf.jpg

20240428_162319.jpg.159b3cdf443ce6dfe64a463b3d6dcf65.jpg

20240428_163002a.jpg.58780ee0aa3c8cf1ad23fd71ed8da23b.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING!!

• Like 13

Look at that shine.  That's another nice one for the shelf there Buddy.  Yeah, I really like the black and red color combo.  I'm diggin the little Fuelie in the business end.  Cudo's for ya hanging in there on this one Buddy brcause I know the issues you had.  

You deserve a pat on the back for the aggravation alone. Regardless, you made a sweet looking car. Black and red are a nice combo, interior detail is great as are the subtle touches on the engine.

15 hours ago, ea0863 said:

Beautiful look, especially with those meaty tires and chrome rims. Well done!

Thanks...yeah I'm to never go completely stock.

15 hours ago, bondo bill said:

sweet build

Thank you Bill

11 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

Super nice colour combo! 

Can't go wrong going black and red.

9 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice Corvette!!

Thanks Larry

7 hours ago, Zippi said:

Look at that shine.  That's another nice one for the shelf there Buddy.  Yeah, I really like the black and red color combo.  I'm diggin the little Fuelie in the business end.  Cudo's for ya hanging in there on this one Buddy brcause I know the issues you had.  

Thanks again Bob and your encouragement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Looks great!  Nice work Mike

Thank you Chaz.

4 hours ago, Ragtop Man said:

Great color combo and ditto about this kit fighting like mad. 

I just gave one away that was fighting me like nobody's business. Glad to see you got through this baby to the end!

Thanks Bob....yeah  it definetly had it's issues.

10 minutes ago, happy grumpy said:

From the looks of it, your skills are still perfectly fine. Nice and clean. The black/red combo is a real classic.

Hey there Mario and thanks.   I keep pluggin' away at them but it's getting more challenging with ole "arthur" in the fingers.

7 minutes ago, Supernurd said:

That came out great 👍

Thank you.

10 hours ago, LennyB said:

Looks really nice.  I’m guessing this is the monogram kit.  

Yep, the old Monogram kit.  Thanks Lenny.

1 minute ago, karbuildr said:

Awesome looking Corvette. I think the use of black primer added a lot of depth to the black finish. Beautiful shine, excellent fuelie engine, red interior, it's all looking very good.

Thanks David.   I do like the Mr. Surfacer 1500 black and the black Mr. Hobby.   I forgot to mention it's cleared with the Tamiya X-22 clear, sanded with various grit sandpaper and compounded and polished with some professional finishing products.

• Like 1

It turned out great. You can never go wrong with Black and Red. I've warped a body before too and likely the same way that we aren't talking about. :)

Great looking color combination and paint finish. The body and trim look perfect. This isn't an easy kit to get everything to go together like this. All of mine have become parts doners. 

23 hours ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Man, that is one sweet-looking little Vette! Nice job. Super sharp.

Thanks a lot!!

10 hours ago, Bainford said:

That's one fine Street Vette, Mike. Very nice paint work. All round cool.

I  appreciate the compliment Trevor!

9 hours ago, Volzfan59 said:

Beautiful, simply a beautiful build.

Thanks Steve...I assume you being a Vols fan you are in Tennessee.

5 hours ago, Dave42 said:

It turned out great. You can never go wrong with Black and Red. I've warped a body before too and likely the same way that we aren't talking about. :)

Ditto on the black/red combo. Thanks Dave.

5 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Super nice build.

Gary

Hey Gary...thanks, I'ts the body you gifted me.

4 hours ago, espo said:

Great looking color combination and paint finish. The body and trim look perfect. This isn't an easy kit to get everything to go together like this. All of mine have become parts doners. 

Hello David, compliment from you is appreciated.