Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 AMT Ranchero lowrider.

The 1960 Ranchero is done, a fun build for Cinco de Mayo!  The Rancher-low is a “mostly stock”1960 AMT Ranchero painted Mission Models Iridescent Pearl Wild Berry over silver and metallic Testors plum crazy purple roof and bed.  All the chrome is Bare Metal Foil.  I lowered it 6” scale inches, added Pegasus 15” mini Torque Trust rims with whitewalls.  Texas 3D disc brakes.  8” chain steering wheel and chain license plates from. Hoppin Hydros.  VCG Resins lowrider batteries, hydraulic pumps, coil and high slammed shifter.  Dashboard and radio are from Car Parts, engine wires and looms are from Pro-tech.  Iceman Collections Cadillac rear view mirrors, and the rest of the parts are from the stash of extras.
Happy Cinco de Mayo (from a Irish guy!) Now on to another street hot rod build. Enjoy.

IMG_9969.jpeg

IMG_9970.jpeg

IMG_9971.jpeg

IMG_9972.jpeg

IMG_9973.jpeg

IMG_9950.jpeg

IMG_9949.jpeg

IMG_9974.jpeg

IMG_9975.jpeg

IMG_9976.jpeg

IMG_9977.jpeg

IMG_9978.jpeg

IMG_9979.jpeg

IMG_9980.jpeg

IMG_9981.jpeg

IMG_9982.jpeg

IMG_9983.jpeg

IMG_9984.jpeg

IMG_9985.jpeg

• Like 11

Sweet Ranchero. When I read the title, I wasn't sure an old Ranchero would look good as a low rider, but I was wrong. That looks great. Perfect tire/wheel combo, nice colours. Very cool!

• Thanks 1

Cool build.  The Ranchero looks good as a lowrider. Nice color combo.  I really dig the wheel/tire combo.  Reminds of a 1962 Ford Falcon wagon lowrider I saw at a lowrider show in 2013.

DSC09111.JPG

• Like 1