Model Cars Magazine Forum

2021 Ford Bronco First Edition

Since one of my current projects, the AMT '69 Plymouth GTX is almost done, it is time to start on a new one. This time it is the AMT '21 Ford Bronco First Edition. My plan is to paint the body with Tamiya TS-92 Metallic Orange with a black roof and a black interior. I am a little upset with the fact that this is only a 2 door and not a 4 door since most of the new Broncos around here are 4 doors and not 2 doors SUVs.

Bronco01.JPG

Bronco02.JPG

Bronco03.JPG

• Like 1

That's going to be a nice build Mike.  I have this one in my stash with a set of wheels & tires from a 1/32 Monster truck I'm going to use.  

Thanks Bob!  I have a plastic spoon that I sprayed silver and metallic orange on one side and just metallic orange on the other.  I think I will use just the metallic orange since it is brighter.

30 minutes ago, mrmike said:

Thanks Bob!  I have a plastic spoon that I sprayed silver and metallic orange on one side and just metallic orange on the other.  I think I will use just the metallic orange since it is brighter.

That metallic orange will look nice.  I have some new Spash Paint I'm trying and I bought some called Area 51 for this build.

I painted a spoon to see what the color would look like with another color under it and I chose Tamiya TS-92 Metallic Orange and Tamiya TS-30 Silver Leaf on one side and just Tamiya TS-92 Metallic Orange on the other.  One side was darker overall and the other is lighter and brighter.  This is the color I will go with.  I started assembling various components, but not painting them yet.

Bronco04.JPG

Bronco05.JPG

Bronco06.JPG

Bronco07.JPG

Thanks Bob!  This kit seems to be a very nice kit for a curbside.  I have my colors picked out-metallic orange for the body, semi-gloss black for the interior and the roof.

Posted (edited)
I did a little painting this morning. I did the chassis and part of the interior.  I changed my mind on the color of the interior.  I'm going with grey for my interior.

Bronco07.JPG

Bronco08.JPG

Bronco09.JPG

Edited by mrmike
  • Like 1