Model Cars Magazine Forum

Left behind at our show,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yea, I'm sure that one's been tried before. :D

Wouldn't it be funny if somebody actually did? How would you prove it's yours? :blink:

Even better question: why would you bring a suitcase full of $100 bills to a model car show?

Judge bribing money??? ;)

Man, that would hurt. Losing the contest AND the money... :lol:

Even better question: why would you bring a suitcase full of $100 bills to a model car show?

Judge bribing money??? :D

Man, that would hurt. Losing the contest AND the money... ;)

" A MIND , A TERRRIBLE THING TO WASTE !!!!" Ed Shaver

or the REAL question,,,,,how can you enter models in an NNL and then leave them on the table and drive home???

It happens every year.

I have now tracked down the owners of the items.

My favorite one was this:

I called in the radio station one day and told them I had a lost and found I would like to air.

They okay.

"I found a roll of twenty dollar bills wrapped in a rubber band at Ala Moana shopping center.

Would you please call me and give me your address.

I need to return your rubber band."

Of course, it was the first of April, everyone had a good laugh.

Sorry couldn't make the show.

I think I did over 20,000 miles in the past four weeks.

Great for mileage perks, bad for the body...

or the REAL question,,,,,how can you enter models in an NNL and then leave them on the table and drive home???

It happens every year.

I have now tracked down the owners of the items.

How on earth do you forget to take your models home? That is almost as bad as the parents who forget to pick up their kids. :blink:

I dont know if I should dare to admit this or not. But one my first wife and I was running late to our babyt boys doctors appointment. I was getting the diaper bag around and asked her to get the boy in the car. When I got the diaper bag done, I asked her if she had gotten everything. She said yes and we left. I got down the road about 2 miles and realized he was not laughing like usual, turned around and realized she had NOT put him in the car!!. I did a 50 MPH u turn there and went back and got him. I also chewed her a second hole in the rear end!! LOL. Jody

I dont know if I should dare to admit this or not. But one my first wife and I was running late to our babyt boys doctors appointment. I was getting the diaper bag around and asked her to get the boy in the car. When I got the diaper bag done, I asked her if she had gotten everything. She said yes and we left. I got down the road about 2 miles and realized he was not laughing like usual, turned around and realized she had NOT put him in the car!!. I did a 50 MPH u turn there and went back and got him. I also chewed her a second hole in the rear end!! LOL. Jody

BTW, Lyle has one of your builds .... :blink:

Talk about leaving models behind I didn't do that but way back int he 70's I couldn't get to a model display at a South Australian northern country town's "ag day" so along with a couple of other model truck builders we put our trust in the club secratary to take them up there and bring 'e home well to say the least none of us ever saw our models again I lost 7 in all but the other lost nearer a dozen each, a report to the cops got a reply of "well they're only toys, why worry" that wasn't the main problem he "the club secratary" also took of with the club funds needless to sat the model truck clun folded.

Dingo :blink: