Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT SCOUT II

1 minute ago, Casey said:

x2, but maybe there are plans for a Scout II version down the road. I hope so. 

I think a kit of the first gen Scout would be a great seller, maybe in resin as I don't know if it would be as popular as the Revell first gen Bronco has been, but one can dream!

On 4/11/2018 at 9:39 AM, Jordan White said:

Very nice! Is that meant to be the Nissan diesel that they offered in the later model years?

No, this is an AMC 258ci, which was an optional engine in the later years.

Edited by kataranga

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, alexis said:

Our own Casey has the instruction sheet for this kit.

http://modelkitreviews.proboards.com/thread/361/ertl-8030-international-scout-ss

Looks like it may have two sets of rims, and some neat seats. Going to be a great kit!

It's just too bad I can't go down to my local dealer with my camera and sketchpad to get more information! :P

9 hours ago, alexis said:

Now, if only we could get somebody to do a Resin "Half-Cab" for it. This will be great next to the Revell Bronco.

That would be great, but only if the stock version of the kit is offered, half cab wouldn't look right on the off road version.

Well, to my eyes, a half cab with the roadster doors is a perfect look. But, that is my taste. Not all will share it. I'll be combining one of these roadster with a full hardtop for another build, so to me there exist many options for this kit.  Now to get a Baywatch Toyota kit, to scavenge parts and decals from. This roadster Scout looks like the perfect 1970's Lifeguard Unit.

4 hours ago, alexis said:

Well, to my eyes, a half cab with the roadster doors is a perfect look. But, that is my taste. Not all will share it. I'll be combining one of these roadster with a full hardtop for another build, so to me there exist many options for this kit.  Now to get a Baywatch Toyota kit, to scavenge parts and decals from. This roadster Scout looks like the perfect 1970's Lifeguard Unit.

Keep in mind the Baywatch Toyota is 1/20.

On 6/21/2018 at 10:32 PM, mikemodeler said:

This is being shown on the Modelroundup Coming Soon page as an Early September release! 

I sure hope that is the kit they release! I want to make a copy of that scout that was used in the Movie Hooper!  That movie had Burt R, Sally F, Brian K, James Best, Jan Michale Vincent, and more.

$-super scout.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A Baja SSII race truck is high on my list of versions to build, probably one like Sherman Balch raced. 

For inspiration, go buy the Scout Encyclopedia book that was published about two years ago.  It is full of images of the SSII's.

• 3 weeks later...