Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

First build since I was 10

Rob1

This is my first serious model car build since I was a kid. Never did have any talent, never will, but gave it a shot. The pictures in the background are of a model that inspired me to try modeling. My version came out ok, but still needs clearcoated and I want to go back and wire the engine. Also kicking around the idea of adding salt to the tires,etc to make it look like it just came from bonneville. Let me know what you think. Thanks Rob

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

Thanks for all the compliments. I'm thinking there should be a fenderless coupe and a sedan to go with this one, same style.

I just found a site that sells flathead speed resin, so one will have an injected flathead in it...

See what being out of work can do for ya, new hobby. Actually I've been dabbling with drag slot cars also. What fun.... Rob

That's a great build.

There are many here who feel their work is not that good. Then they post something like what you have just done and show us that is far from true. It looks great to my eyes and a few others so get back to building.......

Welcome to the show.

Bob F

What do you mean, no talent? Pfffttt.......like Dave said, I think you are cutting yourself short. This is a SUPERB build. Your basic modeling skills are definitely there! Very nice model!

BTW....I've got a bag of genuine Bonneville salt that I've been wanting to use on something, but I've been told that baking soda looks more like salt in this scale than real salt. With or without it, its a really nice model.