Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

you guys are all way too far away for me to be comin over! LOL i am a little OCD when it comes to my workbench, or my car.......i just cant stand to be disorganized, or for the car to be dirty. :D

if you were closer to me, id be there in a minute to get ya organized!

cheers

bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to belief that I do not build, lol... heres whats on my bench today

Cadillac - HOK kandy Tangerine Intensifier over HOK Orion Silver, with kyrlon "brown boots" top/interior and nissan orange seat inserts

'61 - Testors One shot Purple metalflake with pearl white inserts, and modified '59 impala skirts.

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

also been toying around with my tow pig

IMG_3773.jpg

I love that "Tow Pig" !! Wicked stance, you totally nailed it! I also like the flocking job on the gold interior... Look sweet.

OK... it's only Friday, but here's my workbench and model area. I use a roll top desk that we've had for years. My '53 Ford WIP is front & center at the moment...

010.jpg

These stacking plastic storage shelves are from Lowe's and hold my stash of unbuilt kits.

012-1.jpg[img

]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa454/ramfins59/012.jpg

These glass cabinets hold some of my built models... Teacup hooks on the edge of the wooden table hold all my aftermarket & PE stuff in binder clips separated by category (Distributors, Engine stuff, grilles, hose, interior stuff, etc...

011.jpg

This glass cabinet holds my "Hall of Famer's"... the models I've built that have been pictured in various model or car magazines. The shelves to the right of it hold my assortment of spray paints.

013.jpg

These shelves hold my started projects in various stages of semi-completion... sort of...

014.jpg

This is my model shed "workbench" today. This is it in a cleanish condition. Working on my Mitsubishi evo pick up.

c2d5eb4b.jpg

That is certainly a unique area! Are you standing outdoors taking the pic? Do you have enough room to shut the door and work if the weather is bad? I had a similar set up once inside of a closet with sliding doors. You would slide the door back, pull out the chair, and you were kind of sitting out in the room with your legs under the bench in the closet. It was not ideal, but it worked.

32 chevy pick up

just started back on this yesterday after purchasing a built-up vampire van off ebay earlier in the week to make this build a lot easier

CRW_4157.jpg

Cool project!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...