Model Cars Magazine Forum

What kind of music.....

What genre of music do you listen to when at the bench ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1.

• Easy Listening
    • Rock & Roll
    • Smooth Jazz
    • Talk Radio
    • Country
    • R & B
    • Neighbors dog barking
    • Significant other telling you to put that thing down and do some work around here
    • Other

Hey, Raul.....you're on this thread toooooo..... :P I too play guitar; have a California Fat Tele and a Taylor 214...but I can't play 'em and do models at the same time. Heck I can't play 'em and chew gum at the same time.. So, I listen to BTO, Lynard Skynard, Stevie Ray Vaughan, CCR, Patsy Cline, Hendrix, Beatles, Buddy Guy and the like. Even listen to some Classical music from time to time. Happy building! Hey, Curt...you any relation to that great female slide guitar player?

Edited by rhoadapple

Hey, Raul.....you're on this thread toooooo..... ;) I too play guitar; have a California Fat Tele and a Taylor 214...but I can't play 'em and do models at the same time. Heck I can't play 'em and chew gum at the same time.. So, I listen to BTO, Lynard Skynard, Stevie Ray Vaughan, CCR, Patsy Cline, Hendrix, Beatles, Buddy Guy and the like. Even listen to some Classical music from time to time. Happy building! Hey, Curt...you any relation to that great female slide guitar player?

I'm not familiar with a female slide guitar player, but if name is spelt Raitz - we're related somewhere down the road

not related to Bonnie Rait...dang :P

Hey, Raul.....you're on this thread toooooo..... :P I too play guitar; have a California Fat Tele and a Taylor 214...but I can't play 'em and do models at the same time. Heck I can't play 'em and chew gum at the same time.. So, I listen to BTO, Lynard Skynard, Stevie Ray Vaughan, CCR, Patsy Cline, Hendrix, Beatles, Buddy Guy and the like. Even listen to some Classical music from time to time. Happy building! Hey, Curt...you any relation to that great female slide guitar player?

Mr. Apple,

I have a G&L Legacy, a Gibson 335 from the 70s and an Ovation 35 year anniversary Balladeer. Have you heard of G&L? If not, the "G" is for George Fullerton and the "L" is Leo Fender. G&L is the company they co-formed after Leo sold Fender instruments. The Legacy is considered to be Leo's last update to the Strat before he died.

I use to switch back and forth between models and guitar, but I recently moved all of my music equipment upstairs to a larger room. I needed more room for my evergrowing collection of model cars.

Yes, you and I play pretty much the same type of music.

Later,

Hey, Curt...my bad...I WAS thinking of Bonnie Rait. Raul...I almost bought a G&L guitar as they are nice instruments. Like my Fat Tele with the 5 way switch and humbucker played through my Princeton Chorus YEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOODoogy....what FUN!! Great music, fun model kits to build, neat folks in the forum...what more could you want. (OH, Bonnie..........) :P

Edited by rhoadapple

Hey, Curt...my bad...I WAS thinking of Bonnie Rait. Raul...I almost bought a G&L guitar as they are nice instruments. Like my Fat Tele with the 5 way switch and humbucker played through my Princeton Chorus YEEEEEEEEHOOOOOOOOODoogy....what FUN!! Great music, fun model kits to build, neat folks in the forum...what more could you want. (OH, Bonnie..........) :P

Yeah, My Legacy is all blonde with a black pickguard. :blink:

She's the only other blonde that my wife lets me play with. ;)

I play it through a Line6 Flextone II. :P

Who could want anything more?! :P

I also play guitar I have an original custom built Baker B1 from Gene Baker ( beofre Ed Roman bought the company out) An old Gibson Sonnex 180 deluxe (my very first electric guitar) an old Fender Music Man and an Eric Clapton Strat with gold Lace Sensors but out of all of them the Baker is my pride and joy I hardly play anything but it anymore. If I'm building a model I have to have the music going it just motivates me for some reason. I listen to pretty much anything and everything except classical but I lean more toward the 80's guitar heavy stuff as my favorite (yes I used to be in a "Hair Band" back in the day LOL) AC/DC, ZZ Top, Stevie Ray, Judas Priest etc etc. The TV distracts me but I have to have my tunes on. I have a recording board and all my guitars amps etc in the same room with my Model desk so alot of times I'll listen to the different recordings and mixes while I'm building. It's really cool to see how many guitar players are also model builders, not to mention our similar taste in music.

Chris

i share a shop with a semi pro guitar player. so when hes there we listen to the local pop station. when im there by myself, which happens often, i listen to anything from the beatles to devo to oingo boingo to one of my favs, Zappa. when the shop nextdoor is closed, i like to crank up my celtic cds..nuttin like very loud bagpipes to get me goin....

i like to crank up my celtic cds..nuttin like very loud bagpipes to get me goin....

rofl.gifHeck yeah!

:unsure: What? no one listens to Rammstein,or Emerson,Lake&Palmer,or King Crimson? How bout Blue Oyster Cult, Traffic or the Mahavishnu Orchestra? Oh, maybe I'm dating myself,but that's ok, cuz I'm told thet I'm alot of fun. well then how bout Limp Bizkit? yes?no?

I like Rammstein, weird music videos. Ahaha Limp Bizkit, my generation, break stuff, my way, etc. :huh:

Edited by Nick F40

• 2 years later...