Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first posted pics

bigdaddyfan

I promised some of the guys I have met here I would post some pics of my builds. This is a first for me. I am a bit shy about showing my models. I also need to figure out how to take better pictures with my cheapo camera. It takes great people and location pictures but the macro feature is a pain to figure out. I will post a few more after the camera is set better.

Having said that, here they are.

I tried to back date the 1/20 scale MPC McLaren M8D to a private owner M8B. Done in black w/silver here and there with all white decals.

The 22 Jr dragster in Tamiya lacquer pearl white. My best paint job so far, I couldn't bring myself to put decals on it.

The Pro-Modeler '69 Charger in Krylon Sunshine yellow.

Italeri's Ferrari 250 GTO.

McLaren03.jpg

McLaren02.jpg

McLaren01.jpg

22Jr01.jpg

22Jr02.jpg

22Jr03.jpg

Charger.jpg

Ferrari01.jpg

Ferrari02.jpg

Looks as good as anything the rest of us mortals do :) your pics are clear and focused but I think you could get your lighting better so we could see more details, or outdoors if your in a place to do that :D would't mind seeing some more of your Charger...

These are some nice, clean builds! That dragster is pretty cool ... don't remember seeing that model before.

The camera's not doing bad ... depth of field (focus depth) is pretty good. The camera is still opening the apature it looks like because of low light intensity. One thing you can do ... there should be a White Balance setting on the camera that should be changed to Tungson or Incandescent. This will take the "yellow" out of the photo and colors will be more natural. This is correcting for the yellow of regular old light bulbs.

Those are all really nice clean builds. I think everybody seeing them will have their favorites. Personally I'm partial to the Charger and the Tony Nancy 22 Jr. Dragster (from the Revell Tony Nancy double dragster kit). The finish on the GTO is very nice too. Keep on buildin' and keep on showin'! :D

Nobody's perfect Walter, but you need to give yourself credit. The cars look great, and I can tell what they are, so you're ahead of the game! :lol:

What I did was take my camera, and a model, and just start shooting pics, and moving the adjustment switch. After each picture, I would switch it over to view, and study the picture, and take notes on which picture looked good until I adjusted the camera to take pics well with consistency. With a digital, it doesn't cost a thing to keep taking pictures, and deleting them, unlike 35mm cameras.

I think you did a great job on all the kits. My biggest thing is foil, and it looks like you got it down to a science! :lol:

Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing more!!!

Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback. I am currently working on the camera settings. I am going to get some bigger light bulbs also. Thanks again to everyone. Now if I can just get back to building something???? Here are a few more pics. The interior tin in the FC got broken and now I can't find the parts to fix it back up. I can't get the camera to focus on the motor alone. I wired it fully. That was my first attempt at a top fuel motor detail. I built the Chaparral in a day. You gotta love that quick dry Krylon.

SnowVega02.jpg

GeneSnowVega01.jpg

GeneSnowVega02.jpg

BuickGTX.jpg

Chaparral01.jpg

Chaparrel03.jpg