Model Cars Magazine Forum

What model kit(s) are on your Santa list ?

I wanted the AMT/Round2 reissues of the double dragster & '25 T kits, but I guess thats not gonna happen.

So I will be getting an AMT 55 Chevy nomad older version w/gasser parts.

I also requsted a few cans of Dupli-color paint.

Edited by RJWood

The latest reissue 1970 Buick Wildcat.

I have never seen one up and personal but it sure looks like a great looking car.

I ordered for my birthday (Nov 27) a few kits from Modelhaus.

1972 Ford LTD two door

1972 Ford Custom 500

and

1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon

I will be taking delivery (crossing my fingers) of a '96 Roady in March or April. Its my first LT-1, I'm REALLY excited over this one.

I bought two Modelhaus kits when I graduated college in May 2008. A '70 LTD Ford Country Squire and the '73 Chevrolet Kingswood Estate wagon. These two kits are brilliant. All I had to really do was wash them, little prep work, and paint.

I was hoping for the Double Dragster kit as well.

A few years ago when the Model King was re-releasing those old long lost AMT and MPC kits, I was going through a divorce and couldn't get the ones I wanted. Well... yesterday I received a fat, and very unexpected check from the government (seems they have made a correction to my last couple of income tax returns). Anyhoo... I went to the Model Roundup site and found a few of those Model King kits are still available. so my Christmas present to me will be a big juicy order from Model Roundup.

... think I'll drop off a portion at the Salvation Army, too.

Cheers

I really want the new Revell Corvette ZR1 after it becoming my favorite car in Forza 3, but its not out yet. If I get a bonus check from work, I'll place an order with Norm for some parts for a 32 ford build, maybe pick up one of the 30 Model A coupes, another 32 5-window, and possibly pick up some resin casting supplies.... Or I may just put it towards the Ducati Monster I really want come spring time....

I'm single so I have to be Santa to myself, though one big gift I am getting is my daughter and her mom are moving up here to Charlotte soon, no more being 4.5 hours away from my little girl. The reason mom is moving here is to bring her closer to me.

Don't really need any kits. WHAT AM I SAYING! (Can always use plastic!)

What I really want is some free time to get down and get somethng started!

Seems like something always comes up when I'm heading into the model room!

Even though it is not out yet, I ordered a 1/20 scale Hasagawa model of the Ferrari 312T which is my favorite F1 car of all time. I did the Tamiya 1/12 model of this car with Nicky Lauda livery back in the 70's (I no longer have the model) so I am really looking forward to this kit. Santa is bringing this "from me to me" because I have been very good this year. I so many kit now that I may never get to build it but I don't care, I will be happy just to look at the parts in the box and the box art.

Cal, nothing weird about wanting a Trabbie! :( i bought two of them for myself!

hopefully i'll see some much needed paint and supplies under the tree.

Dave

Did ya get some Heller rereleased Renault 4CVs too :blink::):D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Whew.......... I don't know if this has to be model related or not . As for 1-1 stuff, uh a working gasoline guage for my 78 Ford Truck , enought parts to rebuild at least one of my 53-59 Ford Truck transmissions I have laying around and mabye the art- work I need to start my newest model Filling station , a 1958 Crown - Central station .

100_0043.jpg

101_1849.jpg

Ed Shaver