Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Ford

raisin27

Hi Mike! Your a guy with good taste as you've modeled my favorite Ford of the '50's! I started a regular Victoria months ago, but the trunk trim put it on hiatus until I can find what I did with the Danbury diecast when I moved. :?

Check out my Fotki page if you want to see it.

Also, where did you get the grille? I have a Boyds '55 "Orange Crisp" Wagon diecast I was gonna slice and dice...........but if there's one out there readily available, I'm all ears.

I got a resin repop from Modelhaus, but it's too big for the AMT '56 front end. :lol:

Anyway, beautiful job on what's never seen on the contest tables!

Hi Bill, Michael.

I too started a '55, a Sunliner. The trunk trim stopped me back in '88. Now certainly I have the skills to accomplish it unfortunately I still have not gotten it back to the workbench. Just too many other projects to work on I suppose...

Michael, that is a beautiful build and wonderfully crafted! I wonder about something... the dash radio, clock and heater controls, are they decals that you created? This is something that exists nowhere else in modeldom and in the car world they were used only one year!

The car I am modeling actually exists in my brother’s storage. An actual '55 Sunliner which he and I road in when we were just kids. Grandpa gave it to him in '82 for his birthday and he tore it apart only to place everything in storage when his first kid came along.

Because of this I have access to the "Parts" but not the whole car if you know what I mean.

Thank you for posting the pictures of the Vicky! Love them.

Jairus

• 4 years later...

That first picture looks like real one. Nice work with it, engine detailing is amazing, every pipe, hose and wire is on its place. Paint looks very good too, color combo looks perfect and paintjob is very smooth. Nice job with the BMF too. Like it, keep going. :D