Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

Everytime I see this has been posted I think to myself." oh God now what has he done."

And each time I am amazed.

Great work does not describe this build.

What wheels are you gonna use now ? I knew you were going to use those ones but then you decided not to ? :P

I have some foose replicas on the way that are closer to my 1:1 wheels (altho its been 4 weeks since I ordered them) hopefully they will be here this week.

I believe my machinist friend is coming back this week from vacation. I'm going to do a 3D exploded view drawing and email it to him for comments about how to best approach maching your actual wheels at some point. I'll also email you a sketch when I get it done to get some 1:1 measurements to scale down. This might take a while (sorry, been a bit busy here w/ house business.) It's great that you will be able to unbolt the wheels you ordered, though!

hey im back again with another update. not a big one just the wheeliebar wheels....

I started with a pices of brass tube and cut two pieces about 2mm thick to use as the rims...

wheeliebarwheels001.jpg

next I used a smaller diameter piece of tube (sorry I dont remember the size as these are scrap tubbing) as the hub of the wheels and i flatened out some silver solder to use as the spokes for the rim....

wheeliebarwheels002.jpg

heres the new wheeliebar wheels all i need now is tires....

wheeliebarwheels004.jpg

Once again i used solder to make the tires I flatened it just a little then wrapped it around some tube the same size as the rims and wala! wheeliebar tires. All thats left is paint and they'll be ready to install

wheeliebarwheels005.jpg

wheeliebarwheels006.jpg

Your buils keeps getting better, great stuff.

nice tank btw. salt tanks are the hardest. that way i had a brackish tank fo a while. bunch of puffers and scats and mono's it was the jail tank for the bad fish from my other tank,. lol.

just when i don't think it can get any better BAM it does. :D wow you da man i wish i lived closer so i could come and learn in person from you.

You should try to make it down to the lower left coast show in SanDiego next month I'll be there.

Got another question I havent seen, or a couple of them.

How big is your house? Are you the giant from the jack and the beanstalk? lol seriously I get aggrivated when I forget to put the mirrors on before I paint...which happened today :D got to much in a hurry.

Does anyone happen to have a floor jack handy? I think I need one to get my jaw up off the floor! LOL . And maybe a good slap to see if I am dreaming or away.. because each time I come to this thread. Ol Romell has done something else that is how can I put this.. shocking and surprising to see.. but then again maybe I shouldn't be so surprise though LOL. Romell is the mostly the only other person that I know besides myself that loves to really add detail and then more detail to a model car really well. B)