Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

I just went through the entire topic and admiring this work of absolute art made wanna curse and swear, but I couldn't, cuz my jaw dropped after a few seconds and now, when I am done with this topic, I think I'll go look for it.......

Aftashox, I worship you, bro... GREAT work! I learned A LOT as I was reading this and I know it'll be a great thing to remember. Thanx for sharing all this with us!

Best regards,

Damir

Almost left out the pics of the completed lines from the fuel cell. the fuel line holds were made from the same solder the lines were made from I just pressed it flat by rolling my exacto blade handle over it. I couldnt find a fuel pump anywhere so I ended up making one. enjoy.....

chevellefuellines011.jpg

Romell,

I haven't been on here very long but I’m am always very inspired when i see the work and craftsmanship that you put into your models. this is the first time I have seen this post and had a question about the fame bracket for your fuel rails, how did you make those?

Chris.

Romell,

I haven't been on here very long but I'm am always very inspired when i see the work and craftsmanship that you put into your models. this is the first time I have seen this post and had a question about the fame bracket for your fuel rails, how did you make those?

Chris.

Hi Chris the fuel line brackets are made from .022 silver solder pressed flat with my xacto blade handle and cut to size, folded over with scale bolts on the ends. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Romell, as has been said a zillion times in this thread, your Chevelle is absolutely a work of art. The detail and workmanship are some of the best on this, or likely any other forum. I am totally in awe. Glad this got brought back as I have spent the better part of the last 3 days reading this on my phone. Truly impressive!!!!! As far as your 1:1 Chevelle he looks like a real beast. I am a car guy as well and really enjoyed seeing the work on it as well. Cheers Bro.

• 5 months later...

Chris I had no idea you never saw this one thx for the compliments.

Bill the wheels come from Mr. Model altho they have been modified a bit they are a good platform to start with. I forgot which site I got them from but you can find his stuff if you goggle it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
:) I know this is a lets say "old thread" but come really guys this build is pure gold to my eyes. Besides that Rom, you've got to build your dream ride in real scale and a model for you to have in your bedroom. I have no words to describe the great creations here. Now I'm planing to buy me the 1:1 ride of my dreams as soon as I get the cash and build it as I want it to be.

• 1 month later...

:) I know this is a lets say "old thread" but come really guys this build is pure gold to my eyes. Besides that Rom, you've got to build your dream ride in real scale and a model for you to have in your bedroom. I have no words to describe the great creations here. Now I'm planing to buy me the 1:1 ride of my dreams as soon as I get the cash and build it as I want it to be.

There ya go Wilbert anything is possible just set your mind to it and do it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have just drooled myself through 37 pages of this build, and i honestly dont know what to say......you are a master craftsman romell, every part of this build is a model unto itself...theres no way i could say enuff great things about this build....

beautiful work my friend, just beautiful!

cheers

bryan m