Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need a Company name

Thanks Guys, some of these have me thinking of symbols for them.

Too easy!

Rocky’s Tow Service or Rockford Roadside Assistance, use a GMC platform.

that I like, I like it very much so.

How about:

GlueBomb Garage “We’ll pull you out no matter how stuck you are.â€

Or:

Corporate Salvage “We rescue truckers.â€

Thats just uncalled for bashing.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

I've never seen such a prolific negative imagination!

Dan;

"How about:

GlueBomb Garage “We’ll pull you out no matter how stuck you are.â€

Or:

Corporate Salvage “We rescue truckers.â€"

Nick, seriously, lighten up. If you can't see the humor in those, then you're just out trawling for something to be offended by. You should see by the fact that Mark posted some that you did like that he was (again, even though you don't like how he does it) trying to be helpful. Deep breaths, calm down...not everything is meant as a shot at you in some way.

I liked the other they were good, that set I was not very pleased by.

Dave I kinda like that one myself, I'll have to be careful with the spelling though :lol:

Nick, here's another "Teachable Moment" about the way forums work. If you ask people "Give me a suggestion on ____" you have to be prepared for suggestions you may not like for whatever reason. That's OK. The proper thing to do though, is not react as if you've been attacked. Let it go. It should be clear to you that every other person besides you sees Mark's suggestions as legit (and honestly I think the Glue Bomb one may be the best here so far) attempts to help you.

You consistently imply that he's following you around attacking you. Now, he tries to extend an olive branch and be helpful...and you get grumpy at him. That is not his fault, it's you trying to find offense in something where there is none.

AH! AAAAAHHHH! DO NOT HIT "REPLY"

Just think about this for a few minutes and make an honest attempt to go back and correct your perception on this one. You're out of line. Even if you didn't like the responses, you should have just let them go instead of complaining in public. Got it? I knew you would...

Mark, I will admit I did jump on it a bit premature, Next time I'm gonna ignore it, Sorry everyone.

Nick, here's another "Teachable Moment" about the way forums work. If you ask people "Give me a suggestion on ____" you have to be prepared for suggestions you may not like for whatever reason. That's OK. The proper thing to do though, is not react as if you've been attacked. Let it go. It should be clear to you that every other person besides you sees Mark's suggestions as legit (and honestly I think the Glue Bomb one may be the best here so far) attempts to help you.

You consistently imply that he's following you around attacking you. Now, he tries to extend an olive branch and be helpful...and you get grumpy at him. That is not his fault, it's you trying to find offense in something where there is none.

AH! AAAAAHHHH! DO NOT HIT "REPLY"

Just think about this for a few minutes and make an honest attempt to go back and correct your perception on this one. You're out of line. Even if you didn't like the responses, you should have just let them go instead of complaining in public. Got it? I knew you would...

I Don't know why, but I have this nagging feeling that perhaps I should go and get my apron, hat, and popcorn cart ready..... :lol:

I Don't know why, but I have this nagging feeling that perhaps I should go and get my apron, hat, and popcorn cart ready..... :lol:

I was OK until I got to the apron part.

Shaking head violently.......mental image won't go away.......just won't go away.....just won't

I was OK until I got to the apron part.

Shaking head violently.......mental image won't go away.......just won't go away.....just won't

lol...

Well, look at this way....The last the Circus came to town I was working the vending carts, and got caught in crossfire when the melee began....

I'm gonna be ready this time....Heck, I may bring the football helmet along as well. :lol:

That's fine...but you should still:

1) Apologize and

2) Go back and look at all the (while funny) marginal ones with bathroom humor and, well, adult overtones. What would you have said if Mark had posted any of those? You would have freaked out on him, admit it.

If you're ever going to avoid having problems on an internet forum, you can't read a response already pre-deciding to have a problem with it because of the poster. You did here.

There are plenty of people that are forum "buddies" here now that started out butting heads. It takes the ability to see beyond the past in order to move forward. Otherwise you'll accumulate a stack of enemies that just keeps growing. So, ask yourself...do you want to have problems with Mark, or not?

You had an angry statement about how the younger modelers need to be treated better on your signature block for a while. Well, it's a 2-way street. If you're going to have a problem with someone no matter what they say or do, that's your problem, not theirs. Only you can make the decision to have a positive outlook, and not assume the worst in people.

Mark that time I appoligized to him I got a response something like this "is that your best half Assed attempt at a apology?"

those I thought were funny Mark, I wouldn't have said anything about them.

No one wants problems, I especially don't want problems with Mark, but if he knows I don't like comments that make truckers look like Ernest drives a truk, why does he post them. My family heritage is trucking, after a while it gets in your personality and your blood, just look at me for instance, I build model trucks and run a forum devoted to Model trucks.

Mark that would have stayed up but I deceided that it was not how I wanted my outlook to be, thats why it's positive now.

Nick, i havent been over to your site in awhile but the last time i was there i didn't see any trucks other than pick-ups and maybe a random tow truck or pick-up converted to a flatbed. i thought what you named your Proboards site to be a little misleading. when i think of model trucks, those of a more heavy duty variety come to mind.

Dave

Around that time we had about 5-7 members were now at 27.

Young Master Winter,

I'm not piling on, just adding another entree to the 'food for thought buffet.' You need to dine, my young friend..

I posted a serious question: "Where do you come up with this stuff?"

I was referring to your propensity to constantly and instantly take offense (and your messy, automatic public over-reactions) to some of the most innocuous (look it up) comments or remarks, no matter how honest they are, and even sincere attempts at constructive criticism.

You responded by PM to me:

"The reason I said that was, What Nark Jones said was meant as a insult, he

recently got into that arguement eith Highway, well Matt said a few Things about

Truckers sticking together thats where "Corporate Salvage “We rescue

truckers.â€" becomes and insult, and of course Mark likes to bad mouth my

building so that explains "GlueBomb Garage “We’ll pull you out no

matter how stuck you are.â€

Thats the Reason.

Nick"

THAT's exactly what I meant. Think about it. You instantly took offense at something no one else saw as insidious, mean, or even condescending. You do that A LOT. You need to back off, back down, and grow up. If you don't know what someone intends, it would be best for you to ignore it until you're mature enough to figure it out.

I would suggest you emulate your elders rather than attempting to immolate them.

And learn how to spell. Your statements will be taken as more thoughtful and your arguments will be more effective when you demonstrate some knowledge of the language. (That goes for anyone, not just you. But you need to heed.)

As someone famous once famously said, "Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and erase all doubt." Or words thereabouts.

My words of advice: Spend more time building, more time maturing, and a whole lot less time posting on the internet. Your building skills will improve, you'll learn how to get alone with people, and some day you'll be able to function in society without picking non-sensical fights every other time you have an interaction with another human being.

Or, not. And just keep being Dukefan69'. We all know what to expect.