Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need a Company name

Nick, i havent been over to your site in awhile but the last time i was there i didn't see any trucks other than pick-ups and maybe a random tow truck or pick-up converted to a flatbed. i thought what you named your Proboards site to be a little misleading. when i think of model trucks, those of a more heavy duty variety come to mind.

Dave

But those are also considered trucks (at least by me and Nick). Truck is an encompassing term that covers pickups, semis/tractor-trailers, commercial trucks, and even some SUVs/Jeeps. Granted you may think different, but you can't fault him for your definition of a word.

In any case, can we please stop the bickering since I'm sure nothing will come of it. B)

What AV was he using?

Hey Jeff,

I think he was referring to your old avatar of yourself with your arms crossed.

I have a 1/18 scale model of your avatar now. That was a crazy movie...I was young when I saw it and it scared me.

Just like Salem's Lot did.

David

Hey Jeff,

I have a 1/18 scale model of your avatar now. That was a crazy movie...I was young when I saw it and it scared me.

David

David Your correct that was what I was reffering to.

nick,you say your camily is full of big rig drivers?? cool man,my dads been drivin a rig since i can remember,hes even teaching me to drive.

it was said you got offended by the "rescuing stuck truckers" remark, you gotta remember dude,even truckers get stuck sometimes,my dad was a owner operator for a while,he had a freightshaker(play on words!!) that thing got stuck more than a few times,sometimes so far out from me and my family the only thing he could do was call a wrecker to pull him out B) weve all told you this dude,no matter what you do on the web there will be someone out there tryin to mess with ya,mostly because of your age dude. i deal with that ###### on a daily basis,people automatically assume that JUST because im 19 and JUST because i have a 'vette im gonna wreck it,well ive had it for over a year now,and its still goin strong :) sure i act stupid in it,but i know my limits!

I spent about 15 months working for a towing company in Toronto and there were a few companies with 'Camel Towing', or some other derivative, in the area, all having a fight over who had the name first. I don't know what happened in the end but I laughed at the name calling...camel brain, camel spit, camel butt..etc.

Since you have a certain flag as your avatar, how about 'Rebel Towing' 'We treat you with southern hospitality' 'Moonshine cars our specialty' 'No revenuers allowed' 'We always have banjo music' Your drivers could be Jethro and Elly May.

Hey Jeff,

David

Oh ok, that was an old pic of me from 2008...I had just purchased my Dodge/hemi quad cab.

Yeah, the "car movie" was crazy stuff....I don't remember what age I was when I first watched it, but it freaked me out as well. My friends and I were all still riding around town on bicycles back then, and I was always looking back to see if there were any black lincolns closing in...LOL

That thing had one of the meanest looking front ends I've ever seen.

I've always wanted to do a detailed plastic version, but my good reference pics are few and far between. I think it was a Barris creation If I recall correctly. Not sure what was under the hood, chassis, or how the interior looked.

Very evil looking car indeed..

Here's today's episode of " AS THE MCM TURNS "...

I think I'll change channels B):rolleyes: LOL

You mean as my stomach turns? Definitly young and restless, The "General Hospital"... lol jm with you duke, I like the hazzards and kick myself for not grabbing that diecast the other day for 7.50 :)

OK… I have my popcorn and apron… Anyone else need to whip up some? I can wait…

And now I will respond to some of the points much like young Nick does, ready?

"is that your best half Assed attempt at a apology?"

Nice Nick, back to mis-quoting me again I see. That is not what I said/wrote. But it is what many of us have come to expect from DukeFan.

And to be fair/accurate, your apologies are at best a day late and a dollar short. You so far only offer them when you have been called out by enough people that you are trying to appease. Makes for a very watered down “apologyâ€, I can see you kicking the dirt with eyes averted as you offer it....

I think Mr. Taylor’s and Danno’s advice is something you should really consider. My comments were not meant as insults; think of them as entertaining responses to a question YOU asked. Again, this is a public forum, deal with it, well deal with it better.

I still think Firebird Wrecking is my best offering… C’mon, call 1-800-Hour-Firebird? I may just have to build it…

“Thats just uncalled for bashing.â€

Why? How? I fail to see the insult/bash.

A 14 year old cannot legally operate a truck on the highway, yet you seem to infer that you are a trucker/operator and take offense accordingly. I do recall you stating you “owned†several vehicles.

You now have an operational camera, how about showing us some of them to lend an air of legitimacy to those claims? Uh huh, I didn’t think so…

“Around that time we had about 5-7 members were now at 27.â€

Uhhhmm, what time? No time was stated. Does that 27 include all the past members you banned or kicked off?

Wow 27! To quote one of those members: Whoo Hoo! (Saskatoon…)

“and of course Mark likes to bad mouth my buildingâ€

Please provide an example Nick.

Since when did stating a fact, (such as in the Emperor’s New Clothes), become bad mouthing? Am I not entitled to my opinions?

And before anyone jumps down my throat about what level a 14 year old builds at, take a moment to recall the models I recently posted from when I was 12-14 years old.

Nick begs for attention and he gets it. Positive helpful tips and comments are twisted by him into percieved negative attacks and he ramps up into tantrum mode. And he gets more attention. I’m just giving him what he craves… And we all get free entertainment.

Back on topic - How about Missile tow,4321 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, FL. Call 1-098-765-4321 There actually is an Astronaut Blvd. Logo=Space shuttle on a hook. Put a couple of sponsorship decals on the fenders like Tenactine or Lamacil. It's an old joke - If athletes get athletes foot, what do astronauts get? - missile toes. :blink: Am I actually that old?? :huh:

Edited by Pete J.

nick,you say your camily is full of big rig drivers?? cool man,my dads been drivin a rig since i can remember,hes even teaching me to drive.

it was said you got offended by the "rescuing stuck truckers" remark, you gotta remember dude,even truckers get stuck sometimes,my dad was a owner operator for a while,he had a freightshaker(play on words!!) that thing got stuck more than a few times,sometimes so far out from me and my family the only thing he could do was call a wrecker to pull him out :blink: weve all told you this dude,no matter what you do on the web there will be someone out there tryin to mess with ya,mostly because of your age dude. i deal with that ###### on a daily basis,people automatically assume that JUST because im 19 and JUST because i have a 'vette im gonna wreck it,well ive had it for over a year now,and its still goin strong :huh: sure i act stupid in it,but i know my limits!

My family have 3 things thy do, they farm, the drive a rig, or the find other work. if I become a Trucker I'll be the 5th generation of Truckers in my family.

Anyway, here's a break from the levity.

Why not go straight to the name on Cooter's tow truck? It has an easy-to-make logo that says "Hazzard County Garage."

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1514476843026621166CYZeHt

Skip, I normally would just go for the hazzard county garage but I'm gonna build those wreckers anyway and I'd rather have 2 company's the TV Towers and my local yokles.

Back on topic - How about Missile tow,4321 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, FL. Call 1-098-765-4321 There actually is an Astronaut Blvd. Logo=Space shuttle on a hook. Put a couple of sponsorship decals on the fenders like Tenactine or Lamacil. It's an old joke - If athletes get athletes foot, what do astronauts get? - missile toes. :blink: Am I actually that old?? :huh:

That's a good idea... I even like the phone number. :blink: Face it, Pete, you really are that old. :P;) Don't feel bad though, I was born just after the Apollo Program got the axe but still think that joke's funny... I wish I had been around for the earlier programs. I have followed every shuttle mission from day one when Young and Crippen took the Columbia on its first cruise around our planet... I'm going to be very lost here real soon... :huh:

OK… I have my popcorn and apron… Anyone else need to whip up some? I can wait…

And now I will respond to some of the points much like young Nick does, ready?

"is that your best half Assed attempt at a apology?"

Nice Nick, back to mis-quoting me again I see. That is not what I said/wrote. But it is what many of us have come to expect from DukeFan.

And to be fair/accurate, your apologies are at best a day late and a dollar short. You so far only offer them when you have been called out by enough people that you are trying to appease. Makes for a very watered down "pology" I can see you kicking the dirt with eyes averted as you offer it....

I think Mr. Taylor' Dannos advice is something you should really consider. My comments were not meant as insults; think of them as entertaining responses to a question YOU asked. Again, this is a public forum, deal with it, well deal with it better.

I still think Firebird Wrecking is my best offering'C'mon, call 1-800-Hour-Firebird? I may just have to build it…

Thats just uncalled for bashing.

Why? How? I fail to see the insult/bash.

A 14 year old cannot legally operate a truck on the highway, yet you seem to infer that you are a trucker/operator and take offense accordingly. I do recall you stating you owned several vehicles.

You now have an operational camera, how about showing us some of them to lend an air of legitimacy to those claims? Uh huh, I didnt think so…

Around that time we had about 5-7 members were now at 27.

Uhhhmm, what time? No time was stated. Does that 27 include all the past members you banned or kicked off?

Wow 27! To quote one of those members: Whoo Hoo! (Saskatoon…)

and of course Mark likes to bad mouth my building

Please provide an example Nick.

Since when did stating a fact, (such as in the Emperors New Clothes), become bad mouthing? Am I not entitled to my opinions?

And before anyone jumps down my throat about what level a 14 year old builds at, take a moment to recall the models I recently posted from when I was 12-14 years old.

Nick begs for attention and he gets it. Positive helpful tips and comments are twisted by him into percieved negative attacks and he ramps up into tantrum mode. And he gets more attention. Im just giving him what he craves… And we all get free entertainment.

Mark somehow I think if I did indeed apoligize I wouldn't get any reconition from you, and it would be infact a waste of time and breathe.

As for mis quoting here's an exact quote

"Sent 14 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

I'm Very sorry about the way I have acted, I've been way overdefensive.

Nick "

"Sent 14 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Seriously Nick, are you Bi-Polar? What the hell is wrong with you?

After just looking at all those responses you made, many of which were deleted, you send me that half assed apology?

Maybe you were unaware that I saw what you posted, after all I was posting when you sent that PM. What a shameful thing to say to trogdor (among other things):

Who cares when you started, don't give me this, I don't care if you had to walk 10 miles both ways to and from school, go back to the retirement home grandpa.

Really, I am asking this in all earnestness, what is wrong with you?"

Happy now,

Firebird wrecking is half decent, the Rescuing truckers one, was at most half hearted atempt at humor,

Did I say that I was a Trucker look back Mark, you just mis-quoted me, my words were something to the tune of I have a family tie to trucking and that career goes back a few generations in my family and that it reflects on my personality and intrests.

you want to see what I'm working on in 1:1 Mark, check the 1:1 truck reference for a post called "My Mess" it's rough, but I like it.

Mark that time would have been mid-march when I started the forum within the first 48 hourse we had between 5 and 7 members.

We currently as of May 28th 2010 have 27 members in good standing.

Mark, opinions are great but you seem to really enjoy shooting yours off all the time.

Mark, I really don't give a ###### about what level YOU built at at 14, your not me, I build at MY level, not yours, you are not me.

That's pretty good, I like that.

Edited by Dukefan69'

Anyone messes with the refreshment carts, the'll be speaking to my attorney...

We at "Forum Popcorn INC" are used to working with tough crowds. We are one of the few vending companies that use a security force to help insure a safe work enviroment for our employees/vending cart attendants.

here's one for you to use. "HOOKERS"but at the end of hookers use a upsidedown question mark

HOOKERS TOWING

More than happy to give you a lift

That's a good one, infact that one I very much so like.

Anyone messes with the refreshment carts, the'll be speaking to my attorney...

We at "Forum Popcorn INC" are used to working with tough crowds. We are one of the few vending companies that use a security force to help insure a safe work enviroment for our employees/vending cart attendants.

:huh: so that's who was shooting at me, ok, not to self, need bigger gun :blink:

This is going no where fast and I won't be wasting time looking at any further "Need a Company name" posts. I'd rather be building - but it's 5:00pm and cocktail time. Since it's Friday night, we're talking pizza, some pool time, popcorn, and WWE. Have a great night everyone.

This is going no where fast and I won't be wasting time looking at any further "Need a Company name" posts. I'd rather be building - but it's 5:00pm and cocktail time. Since it's Friday night, we're talking pizza, some pool time, popcorn, and WWE. Have a great night everyone.

Jim, I'm try to steer it back on track, what kinda pizza?

Perhaps this thread will need a tow hookup to a nearby forum graveyard....

Better get the undertaker to prep us a coffin...

I see vultures begining to circle above.

Perhaps this thread will need a tow hookup to a nearby forum graveyard....

Better get the undertaker to prep us a coffin...

I see vultures begining to circle above.

Well I'll go get the truck Jeff, warm up the crusher