Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mini's Johan cutlass vs newage donk trend !

Great job on the body....as for the wheels, I'm not big at all on the cartoon look and wouldn't have used them....but that's just me.

I have to lol @ "PITTSBURGH" for appointing himself the Comment Police and getting so worked up about a model he didn't even build. This is the world wide web, as long as the comments are within the parameters of the rules here, it's all fair game.

By the way, I don't see anybody bashing the model itself or the modeler that built it...There's just differing opinions about the wheel choice, [which isn't really all that surprsing considering DONKS aren't really all that popular among the classic automotive community].

Edited by J. Sauber

>>>O-kay, here goes: Cruz, your Olds Hurst looks great, but the tiny 14" stock wheels are WAY too small. :D

My first thought on Dave's Cutlas was - Wow! where'd he get those wheels, I think they are perfect on that car - the lines of the car flow real nice and the colors are great. Ok, maybe run 22" rims instead of 24"....

jeff/ CPMCC

That's a good one Jeff but I didn't use the small tires in the kit's box for my Olds, I went with some from my spare parts box!!! :P:P:P Now it's my turn to criticize you, you should study the work in progress of my builds, I think you are getting too lazy to read!!! :D:lol::lol:

OK WELL I GUESS I RUFFLED some feathers :D oh well, thats just me, and you guys are just you i guess.

me on the other hand happen to like and love alot of different styles of car, i guess i expected others to be like me, and well i guess not huh :D

now as for my comments being ''up to the "mature" individual to react to the comments'' this was just to much lol but whatever, marcos can think what he wants, and im just goin to continue to love different styles of different builds,my comments have nothing to do with my maturity what so ever :lol: so if you ''marcos'' dont like what i have to say, then please '' mr. maturity'' dont comment or react on my behalf :lol:

Bro, you totally misunderstood what I said but you know what? I sent

you a PM, I don't want to make this a big deal when in reality it isn't, I respect everyone here and would never think of belittling or insulting anyone, my apologies if I do......

OK WELL I GUESS I RUFFLED some feathers :lol: oh well, thats just me, and you guys are just you i guess.

me on the other hand happen to like and love alot of different styles of car, i guess i expected others to be like me, and well i guess not huh :lol:

now as for my comments being ''up to the "mature" individual to react to the comments'' this was just to much lol but whatever, marcos can think what he wants, and im just goin to continue to love different styles of different builds,my comments have nothing to do with my maturity what so ever :P so if you ''marcos'' dont like what i have to say, then please '' mr. maturity'' dont comment or react on my behalf :P

Hi Jeff, I think you totally misunderstood what Cruz was trying to say, at no time I thought he was talking about your maturity level or what your comments about maturity are. To my understanding, what he meant to say was that you take your critism like a man and not like a whinning little girl. Just keep building what you like, not what others do and understand that this subject is always going to create controversy, then again, you already knew that :D By the way, great job, even though I hate donks! :D

OK WELL I GUESS I RUFFLED some feathers :D oh well, thats just me, and you guys are just you i guess.

me on the other hand happen to like and love alot of different styles of car, i guess i expected others to be like me, and well i guess not huh :lol: If the shoe fits..... :D

now as for my comments being ''up to the "mature" individual to react to the comments'' this was just to much lol but whatever, marcos can think what he wants, and im just goin to continue to love different styles of different builds,my comments have nothing to do with my maturity what so ever :lol: so if you ''marcos'' dont like what i have to say, then please '' mr. maturity'' dont comment or react on my behalf :P

Build looks good and the wheels draw attention :blink:

That is what the Donk trend is about,

drawing attention to cars that would normally blend in to the crowd,

maybe not to car guys,but I think the guys doing them are more interested in girls!

Poor fellows. They have yet to realize that many women who'd date you because of the car you drive, will be gone as soon as your money is. B)

A really clean build and a great paint job.

Being old school I don't particuarly like the wheels but then we build models to suit our individual tastes.

That's a good one Jeff but I didn't use the small tires in the kit's box for my Olds, I went with some from my spare parts box!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::P Now it's my turn to criticize you, you should study the work in progress of my builds, I think you are getting too lazy to read!!! :):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just havin' some fun - my point was not the build but the tire size of the original cars- I was thinknig about all the musclecars that had such small tires and today 18"/20" and 22" wheels are on cars straight from the factory. Even IIRC, the early versions ofthe Lamborghini Countach LP400 had 14" Michelin XWX's.(my fault for not being more clear.)

Folks, I love seeing all the builds here and to me, the more (oh no! a Steve Martin bit) the more Wild and Crazy the builds get, the more I like them. No criticism was intended - I havent posted or shown my cars, so I'll just SMM.

Jeff

Come on guys can't we all get along! LOL! :):huh:

It's a great looking Olds! I too am not a fan of donks but that doesn't make me close-minded.

I just know what I like! I can appreciate the model though.

Cruz has looked at my models and has given me pointers on painting which should help me become a better model builder.

I enjoy everyone's models posted here.

Let's just have fun building!

Very nice paint job. I really really like the paint. I'm not a donk guy. But for a donk this one really look great. Just frmo the paint and anntention on the body. great looking model. I would love to build this old kit. If i could ever found it. wish you could paint mine for me. but mine would have cragars ss.

great job on the paint again.

OUCH!! Looks like a tough crowd here!! :D I have to agree, though, I have never liked the "donk" look, I think the "N" should be changed to an "R". :lol: 22 and 24 inch wheels only belong on one thing, a TRACTOR TRAILER!!!!

I have to agree with the rest of the crowd, and Matthew's thoughts on how this horrible trend ought to be spelled! I have other, far-less kind words for it.

I'm not a fan of any of these monster wheels, even on new cars. I think most of them look hideous in terms of design and hideously ill-proportioned, especially on smaller cars.

However, your paint and bodywork are truly marvelous. With a set of Olds Super Stock IIs on it (the body-color wheels,) I think it'd look great!

Charlie Larkin

Poor fellows. They have yet to realize that many women who'd date you because of the car you drive, will be gone as soon as your money is. :D

No truer words were ever spoken.

Maybe the empty bank account explains why I have trouble getting a date... :lol:

Charlie Larkin

I for one am not a fan of Donks on 1:1 or 1/25 scale but I am a fan of a clean built model no matter what the theme is.... with that said I think your model is excellent the paint looks almost flawless (and I say almost because there is no such thing) the entire build is clean I only wish you had more pics of it posted. I would like to ask you where the wheels came from or are they part of the kit? Keep up the good work and never apologize for the hard work YOU put into a build. Everyone eles here sould be apologizing to you for being so critical about something they didnt have a hand in. B)

I for one am not a fan of Donks on 1:1 or 1/25 scale but I am a fan of a clean built model no matter what the theme is.... with that said I think your model is excellent the paint looks almost flawless (and I say almost because there is no such thing) the entire build is clean I only wish you had more pics of it posted. I would like to ask you where the wheels came from or are they part of the kit? Keep up the good work and never apologize for the hard work YOU put into a build. Everyone eles here sould be apologizing to you for being so critical about something they didnt have a hand in. B)

What Romell said! Wheels aside, a clean, beautiful build that I'd be proud to have on my shelf. Great work!

Hey Aftashox the wheels came from a dub city astro kit in 1/24 scale but they are wrapped in hoppin hydro slim 22 tires! This kit was only offered as a stock promo and hasn't been out in years but you can still find them from time to time on ebay ! Just type in Johan

Thanks for the postive comment too ! I always build what i dream up no matter what the end result may bring :huh:

Edited by David@MinidreamsInc.