Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Nitreous PU rod

Geezerman

Man,she turned out nice hah.Forgive my stupidity but what is the rapping around the headers for?I see that alot lately on models but not any real cars or did I miss something? lol, I'm not against it just interested is all.Again,nice job on this.Thanks

Geeze, from the size of that Nitrous tank, it LOOKS like this truck could outrun the Great Humoungus from the Mad Max movie!(I saw that cool avatar someone has) Good thing yer garage has plenty of spare engine blocks!!!!laugh.gif Your truck came out GREAT!!!!biggrin.gifwink.gif

Geezerman,

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this PU, you must have a steady hand to paint those graphics!! Very, very nice PU, looks kinda rat, kinda custom, kinda smoke yer tail at the stoplight. Cool!!

I was also noticing the weathering on your garage, man, that looks sharp, another one of those that makes you look twice, looks real to me. Thanks for posting, always enjoy looking at your work.

Mike

That's heat wrap. Mostly cosmetic. No particular function that I know of other than to disguise raggedy/rusty exhausts.

You will see it a lot on newer breed of choppers, bobbers. and rat bikes.

First let me say you have done an outstanding job on the build.... But i wanted to add that header wrap has a purpose and is not just cosmetic. Its actually used to keep the heat inside the header which makes the exhaust flow faster,and keeps the engine compartment(if you have one) cooler. the faster the exhaust flows the better the engine runs...when I build a 1:1 I always wrap the headers (unless its a show car) :rolleyes: