Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another amt classic kit..

Jeff Sauber

Very nice Jeff! Great color and even though you restrained yourself on features it shows your usual talent for execution of your ideas. AMT nailed the body on this one, it's a great old kit. When I worked in the hobby shop it was my recommendation for a first glue kit every time.

Absolutely, Chuck!

The vintage kits shine with modern detailing touches. :D

I agree...

Some of these older kits, [even with the metal axles], really build up into nice replicas..It takes a bit more elbow grease sometimes, but the finished model is worth the effort. The bodies of some of those older kits seemed much more accurate than some of the blocky looking stuff of today's kits.

Kind weird they got the accuracy real close back then, but not so much these days, even with better technology.... :rolleyes:

Everything about this model defines excellent building skills. The paint the stance. Its just eye candy,love it.As I was looking at your pics curb feelers came to mine. I'm not sure if it fits the time period or maybe they where used more on fifty type rides.I was a teenager at the time & drooled over anything with wheels.Nice thanks for sharing.

I have to say,I love the old AMT 64 Impala,In my eyes it looks alot better then the Revell kit,I must have built 15 of those from the time I was 7 up untill I was an adult!,Beautiful job on a great kit!The paint is absolutly Stunning! :unsure:

With me having just gotten back into modeling I really enjoy building these old style kits. Not only does it remind me of days gone by but it also allows me to get back into the swing of things.

Real nice build on a great old classic.

Thanks for posting.

Not really much to this kit, a little paint, a little foil, and a few extra details, and it was done...

...oh, and more sink marks to fill than the universe has stars, nay?

Whoa, great job on what I think being one of the toughest kits to build of all time.

...oh, and more sink marks to fill than the universe has stars, nay?

Whoa, great job on what I think being one of the toughest kits to build of all time.

For some reason my copy didn't have many sink marks..It had one on the right front fender, and a couple on the trunk which were there as a result of the screw bosses for the chassis pan. They were easily taken care of and smoothed out. Other than that, the body was pretty straight and didn't need alot of fixing and extra attention.