Model Cars Magazine Forum

Injected Twin

Sweet, Tim! Looks great! It's always a good day when there's a Pentecost model on the table to scope out! Thanks for sharing.

Hope you and Paula and the entire clan continue to be well. It was great seeing you ~~ although all too briefly ~~ at DSC in April.

Best from Mrs. B and I.

:blink:

Absolutely beautiful Tim.

Where'd you get the re-pops? They available by someone or did you do em yourself?

Very nice car in all respects. A few more pics wouldn't hurt. Interior in particular.

Bob

Bob,

I got them from Mark Johnson several years ago. I know that he was with the big scale guys , so you might check those places. I'd send more pics, but I've used up most allowable file size. ;)

TimP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Gang,

Finally drug this off to the Desert Scale Classic VII model contest last weekend in Phoenix.

I guess I fooled the judges once again as I managed a First Place in Nostalgia Drag Class, the Best Engineered award and snuck off with the Best of Show trophy too!! :lol::PB)

All of that for just an 'ol dragster. Who'd a thunk it? :o:o What is this world coming to, letting a car like THAT win? :o:o:blink::blink:

Thanks for checking this out!

TimP

Tim,

That is one beautiful Dragster. I loved that I got to see it in person at the show last weekend and got some great pics of it too. It was a pleasure meeting you and talking to you at the show. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me and to tell me some of your tricks on how you did some of the work. I am always looking to better improve my building skills. Thanks again. You definitly deserved Best of show with this dragster.

Chris is right. The photos just don't do this creation any justice. It was great seeing it in person!

Tim kinda glossed over one thing. The first Bob Peeples Memorial Best Engineered Award was conferred on this incredible dragster. A well-deserved honor. Bob would have loved this dragster.

Congratulations, Tim! But, at the same time ... well earned.

:)

PS: Folks, besides being an talented builder, Tim's quite a guy. He's one of my grandson's favorite best friends!

Tim: That is more than "just an old dragster". That was a very well deserved win for best of show, hopefully it made up for your fairly dismal results in the raffles!! Congratulations on three very well deserved awards.

Jim,

Thank you for the kind words! Yeah, that 'raffle' deal was quite the HOOT!!! Boy, if it wasn't for bad luck during that I wouldn't have had any luck at all! :lol:B)

We always try to make the raffle a fun deal evey year. The guys who play along know we're only trying to raise more money for the show. Their raffle actually brings in the 'Lion's share' of revenue for them.

Glad you made it this year and it was good to see ya, again.

Tim

That is just beyond the pale... Stunning!! I have admired your work for years and can't wait to see what you'll come up with next! BTW, did you ever finish the Willys PU you were workin' a (pretty long) while back?

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the kind words, buddy. Yeah, I was messin' around with this just getting a feel for the big scale again. I built a couple when I was a kid and wanted to see what I could do now. I think it came out waay beyond my original expectations.

If it's the Mura Bros. PU you're talking about, it's just about done! Give me a week or 10 days and I'll have pics of it to post here. The paint work is NOT my best, but wait until you see the detail stuff I made!!!!

I was going to GSL this week, but a family illness is preventing that this time. In fact we just canceled the reservations just before I came here. B)

TimP