Model Cars Magazine Forum

TransAm sport truck

DanielG

Thankyou, Marshall, I will have to wait while the primer cures and hardens up before I can continue. Then I will glue the clip together and fill the gaps with Milliput and then another round of sanding.

Thankyou Jason. I was beginning to second-guess myself, wondering if it was ever going to start looking the way I wanted it to! Next big hurdle will be the interior and then lastly will be those pesky rear windows. The rear lights/grill will be picky but should go together without too much trouble, I hope! I have had to re-engineer the body to chassis fit so that it now slides forward and up which I will have to bear in mind when constructing the rear interior.

• 2 weeks later...

looking very good so far. Can't wait to see it finished. I'd love to build this in 1/24 plastic kit. Body looks good, you have done very good job on it. I like the look now, it's smooth and with a new paintjob it will look very nice. Keep up the good work. :unsure:

looking very good so far. Can't wait to see it finished. I'd love to build this in 1/24 plastic kit. Body looks good, you have done very good job on it. I like the look now, it's smooth and with a new paintjob it will look very nice. Keep up the good work. :unsure:

Still some filling and sanding yet to do, each prime coat shows up something new to work on! I think there is a 1/24 kit out there somewhere, may be an ebay item now though?

Still some filling and sanding yet to do, each prime coat shows up something new to work on! I think there is a 1/24 kit out there somewhere, may be an ebay item now though?

When something looks good and smooth for primer coat, after the primer there are some things to do... There is some kit (MPC?) of this, but it's quite expensive, I think... But I must get that one is some spot.

I'm sure I've said this before, but I'll say it again because it's true. Your skills and craftmanship are awesome! I can't wait to see this completed, thanks for sharing the progress pics.

David G.

Thanks Dave. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so at the risk of boring everyone I am trying to explain my method through the pictures. I maybe should have taken a pic of the interior in mid-construction but it was mainly filling in the deck and panels with styrene and CA soaked balsa. The rear seats are re-worked front seat-backs from the cannibalized TA.

Update: I didn't make the seats fold down but I did change one so that it is folded and left the other up.

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02331.jpg

DSC02330.jpg

I was going to post earlier but spent a couple of sessions re-doing the forward part of the deck which just was not good enough!

I am also having to ration my Tamiya primer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...