Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

multiple kits

I had four Johan Ambulances and three Johan Hearses. I parted with two Ambulances and a Hearse recently to bring it to a pair of each.

I have about ten pairs and no more than two of any kit(that is identical kits)...namely..

Dukes Charger

Revell 66 Impala

AMT 61,62,64,67,70 Impala

Revell 07 Mustang

Johan Boss Man Cadillac

Johan 66 Coupe De Ville

Johan 69 Coupe De Vile

Johan 68 Eldorado

Johan 70 Eldorado

Johan Hearse

Johan Ambulance

Revell Shelby GT 350

Revell Bullit 08 Mustang

Revell 55 Ford Harley Panel Van

Amt 76 Caprice

After seeing the thread about the widow who kept up her husbands model room and noticing that he had 7-8,10 of the same kit got me curious as to who else has multiple multiples !

So does any one have 10 of a kit?

And what kits can you not get enough of?

Or are you like me and two is the magic number?

Or is your number 3,4,5!

Plus I like to see what kits you guys are into. Seems I like the Caddys and Impalas.

I cant get enough 4doors and station wagons of the 60s body styles...also love the late 60s Cadillacs,Pontiacs,Chryslers and others.

5 AMT 65 Chevelle wagons.

2 Johan 68 Plymouth 4doors.

2 AMT 70 Ford 4doors.

2 Model King Open road campers.

2 Lindberg Dodge L-700 semi trucks.

2 AMT John Deere tractors tucked away on a shelf.

I like the muscle cars too but have always favored the big luxury and family cars. B)

These 4 doors are hard to come by,so I guess you have to snap them up when you can. 4 wagons-nice B)

I cant get enough 4doors and station wagons of the 60s body styles...also love the late 60s Cadillacs,Pontiacs,Chryslers and others.

5 AMT 65 Chevelle wagons.

2 Johan 68 Plymouth 4doors.

2 AMT 70 Ford 4doors.

2 Model King Open road campers.

2 Lindberg Dodge L-700 semi trucks.

2 AMT John Deere tractors tucked away on a shelf.

I like the muscle cars too but have always favored the big luxury and family cars. :lol:

9 Revell-O-Gram 1991-92 Mustang GT converts

3 Monogram 1983-84 Mustang GLX verts

5 Revell-O-Gram 1987-88 Thunderbird TurboCoupes

6 Revell 1993 Mustang Cobras

4 Monogram 1985 SVO Mustangs

4 Lindberg 1965 Dodge Coronet500 converts

4 Lindberg 1965 Dodge Coronet500 Hardtops

4 Revell Mustang GT500s

5 Revell Mustang Turbo Cobras (and one Capri version of the kit)

2 Monogram 1979 Mustang Cobras

A whole slew of the various MPC early FOX Mustang variants (to include the SVOs)

8 Revell Datsun 510s

8 Revell Acura Integra TypeR

8 Revell Honda Civic SI sedans

5 Revell Honda Civic Hatches

4 Revell 1967 GTXs........................

..................and that is just off the top of my head and in my closet at the moment.

Greg, this is interesting and really shows how diverse members are with not only their interests in building subjects, but how some of the same kit can be built different ways. Here are some of my multiples and some of the ideas I have for them.

2 complete (and another one on it's way in a trade :lol: ) Revell Midnight Cowboy Custom Wreckers, plus parts from at least 3 other kits; all but the one factory sealed kit will be built into a more modern wrecker, the factory sealed is still sealed so I don't rob parts so I can at least build one as it should be B)

5 AMT 1970 Dodge Coronet Super Bee Pro Streets; great kit to rob Hemis and tires from

3 AMT 2006 Chevy Camaro Concepts; 1 will be built as the original concept car, 1 will be the convertible concept, and the last will be built as Bumblebee from the first Transformers movie.

Those are just a few from the top of my head, with the execption of some Dale Earnhardt NASCARs. I have many multiples of different versions of his cars, too, mainly to use as donors for aftermarket decals to build different cars Dale drove.

3 AMT 32 Ford Vicky's

2 AMT 36 Fords

3 Revell 32 Ford 3 WIndows

3 Revell 41 Willys

6 Various 55 Chebbies

3 Double Dragsters (1 is old original)

4 49 Mercs

2 49 Fords

2 Lindberg 66 Chevelles

2 34 Ford Pickups

3 40 Fords

3 1/12 69 Camaros

2 1/12 67 Corvettes

1 each 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 and 64 Impalas

Might be more but can't see the entire stash from right here right now...

I have quite a few doubles so I will list 3 or more and my plans also.

4 of AMT 67 Camaro Z/28 unbuilt, I have 1 built as a 67 Z/28 now. The rest will be, 67 Pace car (started), 67 SS 350, 67 Yenco, 67 Dana.

3 of Revell 53 Corvette. Kit has both 53 and 54 parts and the last one will get a v8 for a 55 version.

4 of AMT 69 Barracuda, 1 for resin 67 kit, 1 resin 69 coupe, 1 68 SS Hemi, 1 68 Formula S. These will get 71 Dart chassis also.

6 of Revell 427 Cobra's. Just building different versions plus 1 resin 427 Super Coupe.

4 of AMT 69 Olds 442. 1 stock 69, 1 68 resin conversion, 1 for resin 72, 1 for Johan 70. I have allready used 4 of these kits for the chassis on a 70 Olds Rallye 350, 71 Olds 442, and a 70 442 Pace car conv plus a 68 Hust Olds.

3 of Revell Thunderbolt. I just love that car.

3 of MPC 70 GTO. I only have plans for two. 1 70 Judge hardtop and 1 Judge conv.

4 of AMT 66 Fairlane GT. 1 will be stock 66 GT. One will be a 67 GT. The other two?

3 of Revell 69 Mustang Mach 1 Amego Pack. I don't have plans for these three. I have allready built a 69 Boss 429, 69 Boss 302 and a 69 Mach 1.

4 of AMT 69 Cougar. 1 stock 69 Eliminator, 1 Stock 69 CJ428, 1 resin 67 GT, 1 resin 68 Cougar.

3 of Revell 59 Corvette, 1 will be stock 59, 1 resin 61 and 1 resin 62.

3 of AMT 66 Thunderbird. 1 will be a stock 66, 1 parts to restore a 65, 1 for a 64 restoration.

4 of AMT 70 Challenger. 1 resin 70 RT/SE, 1 RT convert, 1 for MPC 73 Kitbash, 1 for 74 MPC kitbash. The 73 and 74 get 340's from AMT 71 Duster.

7 of AMT 71 Charger. Great kitbash chassis. Use with MPC 72 Charger, MPC 73 Charger, MPC 74 Charger, AMT 74 GTX, MPC 71 Roadrunner, plus a great 440!!

6 of AMT Duster 340. Another great donor. 1 will be a 70 Duster 340, 1 will be a 72 Duster 340, donor for 71 and 72 Demon's plus some Barracuda's and a great 340 engine. I need more of these!!

I don't have doubles unless there are junkers involved. Example: I have 3 USA-1 trucks but only one is sealed the other 2 are restore projects. I have a few like that. I plan on getting doubles and more of my favorites but I am in a rebuild stage of getting back into the hobby. Now my favorite car in kit form (1975 Road Runner by MPC) I'll buy as many as I can within reasonable price.

I think its normal to have multiples cause like Matt and Mark mention,you may only have one kit option but have numerous model possibilities.

Jim,I'm not saying your not normal ;) I'm sure theres a lot of guys/gals here who want to do one of a particular subject and move on to another.

I'm a little surprised the kustom guys don't have a boat load of one or two kits or we just haven't heard from them yet.

I have multiples of the following kits, mostly for parts.

7 57 Chrysler 300 - 6 to convert to 57 thru 59 Chryslers & Desotos

3 62 Chevy - 2 for parts

4 58 Edsel - 2 for parts

3 59 Chevy - 2 are convertibles

3 55 Chevy - 1 convertible, 1 parts

2 37 Delahaye

4 62 Pontiac - 3 for parts

3 49 Ford

2 69 Olds 442 - 1 for parts

3 61 Ford - all different issues

2 58 Plymouth - one for a Modelhaus 59

2 62 Dodge - one for parts

2 69 Charger - one for parts

2 69 Barracuda - one for a 66 resin

2 41 Plymouth - 1 to make a convertible

3 53 Ford

5 51 Chevy

So how many of you guys that have multiples, forgot you had them and bought more!! I have done that with a few.

Good, so I'm not the only one with a short memory! :lol: I've done that with a few, I even got one as a Christmas present that I forgot I had! :lol: My mother in law got an AMT 2005 Chrysler 300 for me and I was excited to get it. I looked it all over and put it on the shelf Christmas night, and a few days later decided I'd work on it. Well, I pulled the one I'd already started off the shelf instead, and thought how in the heck did this thing get painted, I just got it for Christmas! Then it dawned on me when I looked on the shelf and seen the other one sitting there. No wonder I liked it so much when I opened it Christmas morning, some big dummy had already started working on it months before! :lol: