Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Jairus" P-29 Roadster Finished

John Teresi

Hello......I am finished with this build........I would like to thank "Jairus" for the inspiration of his P-29 Roadster painting and for the photos and info: of the turbo......and thank you Chuck Most for selling me the Monogram 1941 Lincoln......and thank you George53 for donating the 1940 Ford grill.......George sorry I did not use the the grill it was a little to small.........this build started with a Monogram 1941 Lincoln and a AMT 1929 Roadster.......I modified the chassis,rear tail lights,front and rear axles,radiator grill.......scratch built Tonneau cover,front hood, windshield,turbo,bullet nose,dash board,head lights,push bar, roll bar,interior panels and a lot of other stuff.........."Pro Tech" 5 point seat belt harness,detailing wire,spark plug wires,gauges........H.O.K. black, alclad........Tamiya flat black.......interior panels and chassis "Model Masters" yellow zinch chromate.......radiator shell airbrushed with Tamiya yellow and red.......wired and plumbed...........I will post another few photos of this build in this thread.........If you would like to see how I built this model........Please look in the 'Work Bench" section......thank`s for looking.

DSCF4797.jpg

DSCF4799.jpg

DSCF4754.jpg

DSCF4711.jpg

DSCF4748.jpg

DSCF4750.jpg

DSCF4736.jpg

DSCF4728.jpg

DSCF4744.jpg

DSCF4759.jpg

OMG, John! OMG! O!M!G!

Once again, you've done it again!! WOW!

Your builds bankrupt common language. Every superlative I can think of applies here.

Magnificent build! Thanks for sharing it with us mere mortals. ;)

Never heard that "bankrupt common language" phrase before :o

It sure fits the moment.

As if the car wasn't spectacular enough, John, your photo skills take it over the top.

This thing is dripping with "COOL"

Apart from the upside-down insignia on the left side (oops!!! ;)) it's spectacular. The Alclad work is mighty nice! :o

Oh ya,.......I forgot to mention that I have another decal on it`s way........ I`ll just apply it over the up-side down one when I get it.......thank`s for pointing that out.

Apart from the upside-down insignia on the left side (oops!!! :o) it's spectacular. The Alclad work is mighty nice! B)

Boy, aren't you picky!

That's for proper friend-or-foe identification during upside-down passes. The pile-it simply passes on right or left of the target, depending on his horizon-orientation. I thought EVERYBODY knew that! B)

Good job, John, on deliberately and carefully designing that subtle touch into your build!

It's all G:lol::rolleyes:D!

As I scrolled down through the pics....after the 3rd or 4th pic I realized this was the MODEL. At first, I thought the pics were of the real car you were using for reference.

Amazing car! I can't add anything to what was already said. I am still staring at this build. WOW.

HOLY ######!!!! John, I surrender to your superior talents, this is just perfect!

My jaw was scraping the floor so hard I didn't even notice the upside-down decal until I read the replies. This is the single best model I have ever looked upon, you are the Master!

Edited by Custom Mike