Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pool service truck

Railfreak78

Hey everyone. I don't think this is my best work at all by far and I messed up stuff like the windows and have a bad camber on one wheel. If I fix the wheel the truck won't sit flat on the table. Anyway, I scratched a lot on this. The pool brush, net, pole, chlorine bucket, all scratch. The vac hose is wire. I also scratched the Tool box in the bed. I did have fun making this truck and it's not something done often. Hope you like it and as always comments are welcome good or constructive :lol:

DSC06318.jpg

DSC06317.jpg

DSC06316.jpg

DSC06315.jpg

DSC06314.jpg

DSC06312.jpg

DSC06311.jpg

DSC06310.jpg

DSC06309.jpg

DSC06301.jpg

Yea man that is cool looks real good.

Reminds me of the time the guys at work had me build one like this and we had a guy thinking he was

going to get a company truck and I was bringing it to him.

When he found out it was a prank he was still happy with the model.

Thanks Every one for the kind support! I think i have more comments here than on the workbench :) It feels good to have one done that I'm actually happy with. Oh and since Jon said "real" I figured I'd share this picture where I was trying the ol John Teresi idea trying to make it look real.

DSC06292.jpg

Thanks Every one for the kind support! I think i have more comments here than on the workbench B) It feels good to have one done that I'm actually happy with. Oh and since Jon said "real" I figured I'd share this picture where I was trying the ol John Teresi idea trying to make it look real.

DSC06292.jpg

Great shot, Brian! You got it. :lol:

Edited by Danno

Everything that I can see looks really good, Brian. One thing that's missing is a company logo on the doors and maybe some DOT placards.

I was trying to make up my mind on door or a rear window logo. Most guys I know around here that are independant driver have magnets or a rear window logo. As far as DOT placards goes you actually you only need those if you are dealing with chlorine gas. I carried tabs, muratic acid, liquid chlorine, shock, soda ash, sodium bicarb, salt, and more and was not required to have placards. Funny enough though if a truck with my set up was in a crash like last monday on the news then its a Hazmat situation. Now when I got into the buisness I worked for 2 companies that used chlorine gas and that was crazy. I do NOT miss that stuff. Not to mention the fact that I needed a CDL to drive a Toyota Tacoma and a Nissan Frontier :lol::P