Model Cars Magazine Forum

Termite Candy

GrandpaMcGurk

Many thanks guys, I just hope I'm not boring everyone with all these pics.

I know when I'm cruzin' and see a build that I like, I always wish there were more photos of what went into it......all the nuts & bolts stuff that's for the most part not visible in pics of finished models.

How do you guys feel about it?

Do you think lots of (good clear pics) are redundant and cause loss of interest or do they make you smile and perhaps gather tidbits for your own builds?

Or perhaps you just enjoy looking at all the pretty colors?

Many thanks guys, I just hope I'm not boring everyone with all these pics.

I know when I'm cruzin' and see a build that I like, I always wish there were more photos of what went into it......all the nuts & bolts stuff that's for the most part not visible in pics of finished models.

How do you guys feel about it?

Do you think lots of (good clear pics) are redundant and cause loss of interest or do they make you smile and perhaps gather tidbits for your own builds?

Or perhaps you just enjoy looking at all the pretty colors?

I LOVE lots of pics! Many times when looking at some build I'm left wanting for more. What went into a build is far more interesting to me than seeing a finished model.

And why? .. lets see, "make you smile and perhaps gather tidbits for your own builds?" and "pretty colors" .. YES, YES, YES! :)

And that support cradle ... THAT answers my question about the front! It finishes it off just right.

Edited by Foxer

This is truely becoming a work of art! I am lovin' all the aspects of this build! I'm sorry I missed a few updates but when I come in and see this! I'm truely blown away! Great work I'm sure all the great custom coachbuilders would approve in one way or another! Great work! Love it! B)

P.S. As far as the pics go. Don't stop! Keep postin' them! It really brings this build to life! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys......

First two pics are the drivers seat under construction, the seat will be upholstered and floor boards carpeted.

ATCseats002.jpg

ATCseats004.jpg

Rear seat mocked up and some of the curved body panels in place.

ATCseats005.jpg

I'm going to lower this rear luggage rack floor a little just 'cause I think it'll be more pleasing to the eye.

ATCseats006.jpg

This side of the coach hasn't been sanded or trimmed out yet but I wanted to check the stance and fit.

ATCseats008.jpg

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Tony,

I hope to have it done around the end of Jan. If you like this one, wait 'til you see what I have coming up next.

This one is 1/12th scale....guess I'm one of those large scale snobs as 1/12th is about as small as I'll work on.

So what's next?

I've ear marked a corner to corner shelf in my almost completed "new" hobby room for the the Big Mutha!

It's to be a 1/6th scale Willys coupe, 426 Hemi with 2 four barrels on top of a puffer with giggle gas. Old school nose in the air style, straight axle street-able (barely) gasser.

It will go on a 1/6th scratch built tandem trailer.......and as if that wasn't enough it'll be towed by a 1/6th Willys custom pickup or panel truck with big block Chevy (haven't decided yet).

The whole thing will be somewhere between 5 to 6 ft. long! Now that's a big model my friend!

• 3 weeks later...

This has got to be one of, if not THE finest "In progress threads"; I've seen not only here.....but on ANY forum !! ( Including mine :rolleyes: ) ......It brings back the true spirit of model building .....before the saturation of Bondo, excess Alclad & overdone Photo etched Everything B);):blink: !!!- This is the Real Deal !!!.....And your step, by steps are just icing on the cake !! - FANTASTIC :rolleyes: ; Thanks Very much....I'll be looking forward to seeing more of this Gem !!! :)

Edited by Krazy Rick

• 6 months later...

A little more has been done on this project.....I lowered the rear luggage platform and added a rolled section under it. Drivers foot-board added, interior seat bases (these will be upholstered at a later date) also.

As you can see in the photos I've started filling, rough sanding and sealing the wood.

Still have to add window frames & doors......and the list goes on and on.

ATC15010.jpg

ATC15008.jpg

ATC15005.jpg

ATC15006.jpg

ATC15001.jpg

ATC15003.jpg

Faster, Don, faster. We need to see this thing completed.

Hope to see you and this build at the model car/truck club forming meeting on Agust 6, 2011 at the Hobby Lobby in Ocala (SR200). Meeting starts at 10:00am. (Couldn't resist trying to get a plug in here for the club).