Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Moebius Lonestar

I would love to see the New International CXT, or a GMC/Chev 6500, wouldnt mind seeing a new HD series 3/4 ton or 1 ton Ford

Or a first gen A-Series Scout! That Duel rig would be cool to have, too!

But, I digress... I'm just happy to see how far along in development the Lonestar is, and I can't wait to get my hands on one. As a modeler and International truck freak, you can NOT imagine my excitement over this one!

Yes, the tire thing has been discussed to death,.......but,.........why cant the model companies, make fictional generic tire company names ? The " Service Master " "Rhino Tuff" " This goes for trucks, cars, motorcycles and so on. At least give us ratings, size, inflation markings,...those cant require a license,,....can they? If I can make up tire names off the top of my head, I'm sure someone at the model companies can do it? I mean blank tires look toy like and fake. By the way I cant wait for this Lonestar ti hit the shelves.

Looks fantastic, but I was pretty surprised that Moebius was doing a new & modern truck; I would have pegged Moebius as the perfect company to do one of the coolest trucks of all time...the Pete & tanker from "Duel" :lol:

auction-find-duel-peterbilt-for-beating-up-on-valiants.jpg

Now THAT is an awesome idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd buy a case of those too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks fantastic, but I was pretty surprised that Moebius was doing a new & modern truck; I would have pegged Moebius as the perfect company to do one of the coolest trucks of all time...the Pete & tanker from "Duel" :lol:

auction-find-duel-peterbilt-for-beating-up-on-valiants.jpg

I know Brad Wike (who now owns the Duel truck)would be happy to let Moebius crawl all over it for reference!

• 2 weeks later...

I do have a pic of the wheel mock-up, I'll go back and add it to the gallery...

Dave

Sorry, I was off-line for some time. Where can I see that gallery?

P.S. Photos with engine and interior are showing superb work! Well done! I like this kit more and more. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I preordered mine last week 2 to be exact. I hope they have the I force 15 because it is supposed to be the same as a C15 Cat. Modern components would be SWEEEEEEEET Heck a Modern truck period and a bad ass one to boot. I got to look at a lonestar at the Oregon logging confrance and they are the baddest of the bad. If I ever quit log truckin and go on the road I would want a lonestar.

Mark

I preordered mine last week 2 to be exact. I hope they have the I force 15 because it is supposed to be the same as a C15 Cat. Modern components would be SWEEEEEEEET Heck a Modern truck period and a bad ass one to boot. I got to look at a lonestar at the Oregon logging confrance and they are the baddest of the bad. If I ever quit log truckin and go on the road I would want a lonestar.

Mark

Hi Mark,

The kit will have the new Navistar MaxxForce 15 engine...That's the new International truck engine that is a development of the Cat 15L. This has been one of the items that has added some development time to the kit since we've been developing the kit at the same time that Navistar has been developing the engine package for the truck.

Dave

Dave

Thank you for the information. Like I said I can't wait for them to get here. I am working on all of the projects that I have already started so my desk will be clean when they come out. I know as soon as it gets here I will have the it open and plastic glue and paint will be flying LOL. I do have a couple questions one is it going to be a one piece cab or a multi peice like the Italeri trucks and what scale is it going to be? those might have bee answered I just joined recently and might have missed it.

Mark

Based on the mock-up I believe that cab with the side walls of the sleeper will be one piece, that the sleeper roof and aero fairing of the sleeper will be another part. The upper aero fairing is another part and the back wall of the sleeper will be the fourth part of the cab.

If you'll look at the Photos in the gallery especially those showing the cab you should be able to see where parts are..

Follow this link to the photo gallery

http://dmetzner.smugmug.com/Cars/Lonestar-mock-up/13104922_Shs68#950113463_gXAjk

That may change as tooling is made but our tooling plan was for a one piece cab not the same arrangement as the Italeri kits...

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

I'm by no means a builder of 1950s muscle type cars, but I am diggin' the Hudson Hornet and Chrysler 300C mock ups. I tell ya, if Moebius keeps turning out quality kits of subjects such as these, they may be in it for the long haul, so to speak! :D

Thank you again for all the information. The mock up pictures are cool and very informative. I think that truck will look gooooood black and orange. The reason I was asking about scale is for my trailer selection. If it was 1/24th I was going to use a Italeri curtain side trailer to builds a Western curtain van for it now that I know it is 1/25 I will use a couple reissue flat beds and build either a Western 45 foot spread axle flat bed or a Magnum super B for it painted to mach of course

Mark

For whatever it's worth We approved the mock-up for tooling to start, yesterday morning...

First test shots, under best circumstances, wii be in my hot little hands in early November

Dave

Hello Dave,

I can't wait!!!!!!

Thanks God, August is almost done, Semptember is coming, so how far could November be???

I hope this kit will be at 45-50€ here in Europe.

Kostas.