Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg NC State Charger

bigdodge88

Does anyone know of a rlease date for the new Charger squad cars Lindberg is making? Everywhere I have seen is just "to be announced"...

I am wanting to build a diarama to give to my local Highway Patrol office by my house when they come out.

72782-charger_north_carolina_state_patrol.jpg

Edited by bigdodge88

I havent heard anything about that Joe. I will ask my boss, I work at a Hobbytown USA.

I just heard back from Lindberg and they say the Chargers will be out within the next 120 days. So I will keep my fingers crossed. :D

Where I had heard it from was a former Revell Employee and a couple European modelers (one of whom is a member here) who were in town for I-Hobby and just so happened to stop in my HTU Sunday whole touring the area's LHS' while here. I had never heard of until that prior to Sunday either to be honest.

Where I had heard it from was a former Revell Employee and a couple European modelers (one of whom is a member here) who were in town for I-Hobby and just so happened to stop in my HTU Sunday whole touring the area's LHS' while here. I had never heard of until that prior to Sunday either to be honest.

You own a HTUSA? Thats cool, I work at the one in Monroe, NC.

I wouldn't be in hurry to write off Lindberg and the Charger Police Cars just yet. I still have a contact there. Without revealing confidential information I can say that there has been recent progress toward releasing all the Charger Police car kits. I have not been able to get any specific release date though.

With that being said I'm sure the negitive rumors will continue until Lindberg starts shipping something new or some other developement that's set in concrete happens. The rest of the stories out there are just smoke and mirrors. In the mean time I'll watching and listening for any real information.

Stay tuned .....

-Steve

I wouldn't be in hurry to write off Lindberg and the Charger Police Cars just yet. I still have a contact there. Without revealing confidential information I can say that there has been recent progress toward releasing all the Charger Police car kits. I have not been able to get any specific release date though.

With that being said I'm sure the negitive rumors will continue until Lindberg starts shipping something new or some other developement that's set in concrete happens. The rest of the stories out there are just smoke and mirrors. In the mean time I'll watching and listening for any real information.

Stay tuned .....

-Steve

Yeah, I agree. The person I talked to assured me they are coming out. So I guess we can just keep our fingers and toes crossed for now.

Tanks for all the info guys!!

Stay tuned .....

-Steve

Thanks for the real info, Steve. It's always more reliable than rumors.

STILL looking forward to the arrival of this one/these!!

B)

Maybe the shipping was on time, until the donkey died? B)

The current Charger, which has been on the streets for I believe at least five years, will have been replaced with a new car by time this "new" kit finally hits the shelves. This model kit has been in the planning stages for about as long, if not longer. Maybe we can add Lindberg issue dates to the list of the top lies? I.E: The check is in the mail...

You may be able to find the decals and use the Testors Charger.

I am doing this with the Philadelphia Highway Patrol Charger that Lindbergh teased me with. I too was pretty excited,my Pop was a cop in Highway so I wanted to build it for him. I got tired of waiting so I bought decals,push bumber and lifts from ebay. So I have everything I need except the divider and all I need to do is build it.

Stay tuned .....

-Steve

IMHO it's nuts to release it, after-all the new model is here....

IMHO it's nuts to release it, after-all the new model is here....

Not unlike what happened with the Revell Caprice and the Lindberg Crown Victorias; the Crown Vic was a model of the '96 CV that was updated about the same time the Lindberg kit hit the market; the Revell Caprice was released about the same time the '94 Caprice hit the streets with body revisions that made the model instantly 'old.' Oh, yeah ... even the new Impala kit (2001-2002 body) didn't hit the shelves much before the Impala was revised.

Police car kits, however, have long legs. The Lindberg kit is still selling ... despite being a 15 year old body style. The Revell kit still sells ... and the venerable AMT 1977-1978 Monaco police car kit(s) still sell ~~ even in the recent re-re-released version. Don't forget the AMT/Hobby Heaven '70 Ford kit that was re-released a couple of years ago and still commands respectable auction prices in all its versions.

So, late to the party? Yes. But the Charger will still sell its pants off if they ever get it to the shelves.

Now, where's that full detail plastic Tahoe kit??????? Who's gonna do it? We're about due for another Revell cop car, aren't we?

(Nope, never completely happy! LOL.)

;)

Not unlike what happened with the Revell Caprice and the Lindberg Crown Victorias; the Crown Vic was a model of the '96 CV that was updated about the same time the Lindberg kit hit the market; the Revell Caprice was released about the same time the '94 Caprice hit the streets with body revisions that made the model instantly 'old.' Oh, yeah ... even the new Impala kit (2001-2002 body) didn't hit the shelves much before the Impala was revised.

Police car kits, however, have long legs. The Lindberg kit is still selling ... despite being a 15 year old body style. The Revell kit still sells ... and the venerable AMT 1977-1978 Monaco police car kit(s) still sell ~~ even in the recent re-re-released version. Don't forget the AMT/Hobby Heaven '70 Ford kit that was re-released a couple of years ago and still commands respectable auction prices in all its versions.

So, late to the party? Yes. But the Charger will still sell its pants off if they ever get it to the shelves.

Now, where's that full detail plastic Tahoe kit??????? Who's gonna do it? We're about due for another Revell cop car, aren't we?

(Nope, never completely happy! LOL.)

;)

I paid $30 for a '95 Release a year ago then paid $40 this year for the original '71 release and it was only missing the tires.

:blink:

I agree 100% with that. Our local NC Police Tahoes are sweet looking and I would love to build one up for sure. Oh well, we'll see...

You may be able to find the decals and use the Testors Charger.

I am doing this with the Philadelphia Highway Patrol Charger that Lindbergh teased me with. I too was pretty excited,my Pop was a cop in Highway so I wanted to build it for him. I got tired of waiting so I bought decals,push bumber and lifts from ebay. So I have everything I need except the divider and all I need to do is build it.

So you got the Police decals off ebay? I will have to take a look and see if the NC decals are on there. Thanks for the tip!