Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 HEMI Charger S/E

Mr. Moparman

For next time, there is a easy way to fix those wires, drill holes in the middle of the boots on the valve covers. I think a size 77 is what I use. So already have the holes , I assume so drill deeper right thru the head and into the block if you have to. Then just push or pull the wires to get them into position. Should not even need to use glue. Might not be too late to do this with your engine.

Jeff

Edited by sak

For next time, there is a easy way to fix those wires, drill holes in the middle of the boots on the valve covers. I think a size 77 is what I use. So already have the holes , I assume so drill deeper right thru the head and into the block if you have to. Then just push or pull the wires to get them into position. Should not even need to use glue. Might not be too late to do this with your engine.

Jeff

Brandon, if it's not too late, trim the wires slightly longer than the length needed to reach the plug hole (about 1/2 inch) and insert them into the hole. You shouldn't need any adhesive for the wires.

Thanks but it is to late. I will remember to do this on my next "special" build.

:unsure:B)

Paint was flying today! I managed to get the body painted up and detailed.

104_0546.jpg

Work on the inteirior has begun.

104_0547.jpg

The console has been detailed. Since this car is an automatic it needs a automatic console. Missing Link resin had one at one time but the mold died for those so will just modify this one. The gear shifter spot for the standard was filled in with evergreen and putty.

104_0550.jpg

The dash has been detailed.

104_0552.jpg

The side panels are ready to meet the inteirior tub.

104_0554.jpg

Enjoy!

:D:rolleyes:

Hemi Charger, a great car. A word about the Hemi wires. Look at some good reference sources like Allpar and look at pics of street Hemis. You see that street Hemi wires have an L shaped wire boot so the wires never come straight out. Save that for next project.

Gary

nIce build so far love the color of it real nice.That air breather you can also get out of the 67 GTX kit to from revell.

John Pol

Hemi Charger, a great car. A word about the Hemi wires. Look at some good reference sources like Allpar and look at pics of street Hemis. You see that street Hemi wires have an L shaped wire boot so the wires never come straight out. Save that for next project.

Gary

Thanks guys! B)

Paint was flying today! I managed to get the body painted up and detailed.

104_0546.jpg

Brandon, I realize that you are a young person here and I think you once said that you wanted to hear any and all criticism and I do apologize if I am wrong and I am only saying this to give you encouragement, not to knock you down. I see some sloppy detailing on the chrome trim and probably done with either a not too steady hand or you where rushing to get the job done. Slow down and take your time with this. A slow and steady hand will produce better results and in the long run, a better looking model. Can you go back and fix any of this? Maybe if you had masked off the roof with masking or scotch tape to do the trim, a better job would have been the result. Have you ever tried Bare Metal Foil? Maybe this is something you can try in the future.

I know you are trying to make your version of the '69 Charger S/E that I built and I feel like I should try to help you along if you want my assistance. As I said before, I am not trying to knock you down, but I am trying to encourage you to try and do a better job on your Charger. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.