Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tractor Trailer Community Build

highway

Tomorrow I could help you guys out with the tires. I worked on them for along time and figured out how to make them fit alot better and look much better. Once I get on a real computer I could post pics.

I'm up for that, too. Those are some pesky dang tires!

:lol:

Sorry about the pics. I used up my bandwidth in photobucket and had to upgrade to pro.

STewart

You didn't have to upgrade, just make another email account and then another free account like I did! :):D;)

By the Bradley, I will have you on the list with the Kenworth. :D

Well Matt, Eric (Porky) just shipped out the torsion bar suspension and will be looking for his spare CAT3408 for my K123 build. The chassis is pretty much completed and the parts separated into what parts get what color piles. Cab is together and getting tape-templates made for the striping. Trailer floor is base-coated and awaiting washes to bring the wood detailing to life, and the reefer unit I found is getting an attempt at resurrection from its former glue-bombed build up (in fairness, I was 9 when I tried to build it the first time).

I have to get Photobucket 'Bulk Uploader' and my computer to play nice, as I have some build pics to post (and some pictoral updates for the FOX CBP thread, as well as for the SVO/TurboCoupe comparison thread I have planned) of this truck.

Okay, so I'm waaaaay behind!

Gonna get caught up.

Here's what I'm starting with ~~~ well, two thirds of my project ... the load shall remain undisclosed for the time being ... you'll see why later.

At any rate, my business unit is:

revell-peterbilt-359-conventional-semi-tractor.jpg

And the working component is:

Lowboy%20trailer%20AMT%20Ertl%206683.jpg

I've got 'em started. I'll post in-progress shots as soon as there's something worth showing.

Cheers!

:D

Alright, I haven't been working on anything, shame on me ;) , but everyone who has is showing we are going to have a nice selection of trucks and equipment sitting in the MCM Truckstop parking lot. Stewart has the shop's race team coming along great with their double duty service van and I think some of those boys in the shop better get back to working on the rigs instead of the race car! ;) At least they'll have a fine service van for calls, the MCM Truckstop roadservice crew will be known across the country for the fine ride! :lol:

Anyway, I think I have the entry list up to date, I've been up to my rear in taking my better half to work, trying to get some good weather to work on the 1:1, and working on about at least half a dozen computers or getting my more knowledgeable friend to fix what I can't, including when I got a virus in mine and he had to completely erade everything and restart it! On top of that, my blood pressure decided to go haywire again, and I've been to the doctor's office three times this month alone and two adjustments to my blood pressure medication and another prescription as well! In addition, I had to renew my license on my birthday, which meant a DOT physical, and that was when I found out the blood pressure was going up and down, but the good thing is I passed the physical and still have a CDL, but still no job to use it in! At least something good is also coming out of all this, I'm in the process of going back to school for, of all things, computers! :D I would have been back in school this week starting on a degree in computer science and another for computer forensics IF I wouldn't have found out the school I enrolled in didn't forget I was going to go there 17 years ago like I did! :( Ironicly enough, I was going to take up computers then, too, but I found I must have enrolled and never went, because now I have to pay that bill off before I start now for classes I never started! B)

Ok, enough about me and back to the build, and if there are any builds I missed or anyone that wants to enter I don't have updated on the list on page 1, please let me know either here or by PM. Also, if you have submitted your starting pictures and there is not an * by your build, let me know I missed your pics! If you haven't gotten pics in for your build yet, post them! :lol: Also, if you have your build in another WIP thread, please post some pics here, too! Don't be afraid to share your progress! :D

EDIT: By the way, if you made it this far through all my rambling, if I do start back to school the way I plan in late June or early July when the next quarter starts, expect an extension on the ending date! :lol:

Edited by highway

EDIT: By the way, if you made it this far through all my rambling, if I do start back to school the way I plan in late June or early July when the next quarter starts, expect an extension on the ending date! :D

Good because I haven't even started working on the trailer yet. I am thinking of adding another rig to it. I need to run to HobbyTown to see what they got there.

EDIT: By the way, if you made it this far through all my rambling, if I do start back to school the way I plan in late June or early July when the next quarter starts, expect an extension on the ending date! :D

Good, cause I have too many projects to detail all at one time. lol Wonder who's fault that is. :D

Ok, here's a small update. I went back and decided to add a turbo shield to my W900 along with heater hoses in this shot. I've got a few more under hood details for this one before I am through.

002a11.jpg

003a11.jpg

And here's the start to the Cat engine in the dozer. Not much to see, but a lot of yellow paint. lol. You can't really see it in this pic, but I painted the ex. yellow, then a semi gloss black. Sanded it back with fine paper till the yellow just started to show through and then hit it with some Tamiya rust from a detailing kit. It's looks too black in the pic, but it looks about right in person.

00513.jpg

Nice engine. I like the weathering on the manifold.

STewart

Thanks. I did the same thing on he down pipe from the turbo on the trucks Cat engine too. It just does not show up well in my pics for some reason. If the first truck engine pic had not turned out blurry, I think it would have showed up better in that pic.

In addition, I had to renew my license on my birthday, which meant a DOT physical, and that was when I found out the blood pressure was going up and down, but the good thing is I passed the physical and still have a CDL, but still no job to use it in!

Really is that a WV thing? Cause no one asked if I had a valid physical when I renewed in PA last summer. Actually I've never heard of it being a requirement to have a valid physical to renew a CDL through 3 renewals of mine and I've lived on both sides of you (OH & PA). The physical is about whether you can be medically qualified operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle, not whether you can hold a license to operate one.

Really is that a WV thing? Cause no one asked if I had a valid physical when I renewed in PA last summer. Actually I've never heard of it being a requirement to have a valid physical to renew a CDL through 3 renewals of mine and I've lived on both sides of you (OH & PA). The physical is about whether you can be medically qualified operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle, not whether you can hold a license to operate one.

It might be James, all I know is here we have to have the DOT physical long form when we renew, and not just our DOT card, the long form! When I just did mine, they read all through it AND made a copy of it to send to Charleston at the DMV.

If it is a WV thing, they've been doing it that way since around 05 or 06, the last time I renewed my license before this year, and I was unaware of it when I went. I had to run all the way to the doctors office then back to the DMV before the closed, and my picture looked like I was ready to kill someone! :lol::lol:

highway Icon

Posted Today, 11:29 AM

If it is a WV thing, they've been doing it that way since around 05 or 06, the last time I renewed my license before this year, and I was unaware of it when I went. I had to run all the way to the doctors office then back to the DMV before the closed, and my picture looked like I was ready to kill someone! :rolleyes::lol:

HaHa LOL :lol::lol::lol:

STewart

Not just a WV thing. Tn DOT requires a physical too. Even for small trucks, like those bread trucks as I call them, that the uniform rental companies use for route trucks. They have to have them too. At least since '94 and I'm sure it was required way before that too.