Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Corvette Stingray Roadster- Almost finished

Nick Winter

Building this for a community build. got the kit for $6. Had it's engine block halves glued together, oh well I would have had to do it anyway. :mellow: Color is Duplicolor Tuxedo Black, the Tires are from the parts box.

REV_2968.jpg

FILE1071.jpg

FILE1062.jpg

Without clear

FILE1087.jpg

FILE1088.jpg

with clear and decals

FILE1106.jpg

FILE1107.jpg

FILE1109.jpg

FILE1111.jpg

Edited by Nick Winter

This will be sweet.... Like the color combo! :lol:

Black is a tough color to look nice but it seems like you might have down Nick!

Show us the finished model!

Thanks Guys. Mike this is my 5th black paint job, I love the color black and wel what can I say I take great care and preperation while painting it.

Working on the engine now will update soon.

Lookin' good there, Nick. One suggestion, if you're looking for accuracy, swap the wheels for the wheels from the Revell '67 Chevelle. The wheels in the 'Vette kit are incorrect for a '67, they were last used on the '66. I know that lots of '67s have them, but they are aftermarket installations, not OE.

Lookin' good there, Nick. One suggestion, if you're looking for accuracy, swap the wheels for the wheels from the Revell '67 Chevelle. The wheels in the 'Vette kit are incorrect for a '67, they were last used on the '66. I know that lots of '67s have them, but they are aftermarket installations, not OE.

Would have if I had a '67 Chevelle :lol:

Nick-

Harry beat me to it. As I was looking down through the pix of your build I was thinking that your building skills have improved dramatically since I first saw your builds.

It's strange that also as I was looking at this post I thought "I don't remember sending him this kit. I have one that the block halves are glued together and that the body is primered. The first couple of pictures look just like mine.

Keep it up Nick. That interior is looking great.

Later-

Nick, the progress you've shown on your builds is amazing. It's like we all watched you "grow up" right here on the forum. You've come a long way, your skills have improved dramatically. Keep it up. :blink:

Wow Thanks Harry, that well...........means quite a bit..........where's the tissue(Kidding)................but it does mean a lot to hear a builder like you say that.

Nick-

Harry beat me to it. As I was looking down through the pix of your build I was thinking that your building skills have improved dramatically since I first saw your builds.

It's strange that also as I was looking at this post I thought "I don't remember sending him this kit. I have one that the block halves are glued together and that the body is primered. The first couple of pictures look just like mine.

Keep it up Nick. That interior is looking great.

Later-

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the very kind words, You didn't send me this one B)B) although I've got one on the bench you did, guess I need to post it here huh.....as my late grandfather would say "I'll get around to it" .

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work. Nice color scheme too. :o:P

Thanks, I just happened to read that article in MCM and Go "I bet that would look good on the Roadster"

Had a break through last night, Remembered I had a AMT '67 Camaro Z28 with the '67 style rallye's in my stash that I bought a while ago mostly for the engine. if they fit I'll use the rallyes instead.

Nick