Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

model car magazine

How come Canada is considered foreign. that's bull ######. It'll cost me twice as much for the same thing, in which it would be cheaper to just buy them from My LHS.

Canada is considered foreign because it is. It's not the US, it's Canada.

If you live in Canada it is cheaper to buy them at the hobby shop. The foreign subscription rate is really meant for overseas subscriptions.

Nick, If I lived as close to Dailey's Hobbies as you do I wouldn't bother with a subscription either. Unfortunatly I don't get down to the city often enough so I pay the subscription rate. With our dollar almost at par it is a little outrageous but I want the magazine so... :P

Unfortunately, my latest list has no Wyoming hobby shop

If you know one up there, let me know.

I will pass info on to office in Denver

Also, if your local hobby shop is selling out (George), let us know as well.

On a perfect day, they should have three left over each issue, so they don't miss sales, readers don't miss out, and everyone goes home happy!!!

For Canada, Kelly and I talked about this today

She said that when she used to mail letter to her friend up there, it would take no less than two weeks for the letter to get there.

That is nuts!

That's also why it costs so much for mail to get across the board for publishers.

It's just red tape.

So, my friends, does the sound of a digital version of the magazine sound appealing to those who are far away?

It's an option, let me know what you think.

I know I have brought this up time and time again.

Just want to see how everyone is thinking/feeling on this.

IT WILL NOT REPLACE THE MAGAZINE.

Let me repeat this:

IT WILL NOT REPLACE THE PRINTED MAGAZINE.

Okay, I pau

As one of the ones who has to pay big bucks for a subscription and then wait about 3 weeks after everyone starts saying they have their's here on the board (waiting for 153), I will still pay for the printed version. I have no objection to a digital version if some people think that is better for them. And after all great kahuna it is your sandbox so I say go for it. As long as the printed version remains.

But to me an online 'magazine' is just a fancy website. It's a gimmick being able to turn the pages. I've looked at a few of these so called magazines on the web and have to laugh at the attempts to be a magazine with a cover page and pages that turn. It's so impractical. It would be better to have each article on it's own seperate web page. I don't know how to explain what I mean....

Anywho just the thoughts of one lonely dinosaur. :lol:

Unfortunately, my latest list has no Wyoming hobby shop

If you know one up there, let me know.

I will pass info on to office in Denver

Also, if your local hobby shop is selling out (George), let us know as well.

On a perfect day, they should have three left over each issue, so they don't miss sales, readers don't miss out, and everyone goes home happy!!!

For Canada, Kelly and I talked about this today

She said that when she used to mail letter to her friend up there, it would take no less than two weeks for the letter to get there.

That is nuts!

That's also why it costs so much for mail to get across the board for publishers.

It's just red tape.

So, my friends, does the sound of a digital version of the magazine sound appealing to those who are far away?

It's an option, let me know what you think.

I know I have brought this up time and time again.

Just want to see how everyone is thinking/feeling on this.

IT WILL NOT REPLACE THE MAGAZINE.

Let me repeat this:

IT WILL NOT REPLACE THE PRINTED MAGAZINE.

Okay, I pau

Yeah, but will it replace the printed magazine? :)

:lol: