Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 dodge dart

jon halt

heres my 68 dodge dart hemi. this is from the new revell kit which is a must have for any mopar freak like myself.i painted mine pearl tangerine then cleared with rustoleum then i polished and waxed it to get the shine. i painted the hood flat black to give it a race look. i made my own distributor,flocked the interior, put a nitrous oxide tank in and wired it, and used the kits roll bar. so tell me what ya think, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

100_2286.jpg

100_2283.jpg

100_2280.jpg

100_2275.jpg

100_2287.jpg

100_2032.jpg

Nice work on this one, Jon. The paint is a good color and looks nice and smooth. I've got two of these (one is the Landy version) and a 69 waiting in line to build. I want to do one up in "as delivered" style with the black fiberglass front clip and white body and one in full drag.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Umm, that scoop gives great streetRace look! Color is perfect and paintjob looks very cool! Black hood looks very good on it and of course that BumbleB stripe looks good! Sponsor decals are nice too. Engine looks very good of course and detailing is perfect. NOS systems in the backseat place, nice! :lol:

heres my 68 dodge dart hemi. this is from the new revell kit which is a must have for any mopar freak like myself.i painted mine pearl tangerine then cleared with rustoleum then i polished and waxed it to get the shine. i painted the hood flat black to give it a race look. i made my own distributor,flocked the interior, put a nitrous oxide tank in and wired it, and used the kits roll bar. so tell me what ya think, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

100_2286.jpg

100_2283.jpg

100_2280.jpg

100_2275.jpg

100_2287.jpg

100_2032.jpg

cool lookin dart!!!!! :lol:

I'm not a mopar fan... but dayummm...that is a clean..nice build...

The only problem I have is with the heater hoses. The red wire just doesn't work for me...I think larger sized black tubing would have looked better. But that's just me...small problem for such a nice build...good job

I'm not a mopar fan... but dayummm...that is a clean..nice build...

The only problem I have is with the heater hoses. The red wire just doesn't work for me...I think larger sized black tubing would have looked better. But that's just me...small problem for such a nice build...good job

thanks for the comment, i used the wire because the kit wire didnt fit well for me and i didnt have any black tubing so in the future if i get some tubing ill switch it out but thanks for the comment

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work on this one, Jon. The paint is a good color and looks nice and smooth. I've got two of these (one is the Landy version) and a 69 waiting in line to build. I want to do one up in "as delivered" style with the black fiberglass front clip and white body and one in full drag.

Later-

remember, that "as delivered" these baby's came with plain old skinny 15" wheels on the rear, & they had A-100 buckets in them also.