Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nitro Caddy

brett

been working on this since I finished Toms cuda, Flashpoint Resins body, topsportsman (modified)chassis, resin funnycar engine and four speed lenco. Aside from a little work around the windshield top the body's pretty good, a little thick in places but pretty good overall.

pmcad002-1.jpg

pmcad004-1.jpg

As said using a modified (lenghtened) top sportsman chassis,cut off the wheelie bars and made my own using the kit ends (wheelie wheels)

pmcad008a.jpg

pmcad012.jpg

pmcad011.jpg

pmcad010.jpg

Not having any removable body panels (1 laziness 2 body as mentioned is a little thick in places) means I'm not going to super detail a lot of the engine or chassis but have done a bit on the top of the engine so far

pmcad017.jpg

pmcaddy018.jpg

couple of gratuitous mock-up shots

pmcad014.jpg

pmcad015.jpg

pmcad013.jpg

pmcad016.jpg

Thanks, will be busy for a few days so progress might be a bit slow, I know what I want for the paint job, pulling it off is another thing B). Biggest hurdle to overcome will be the windscreen, thinking might be better to do before paint then mask rather than risk the proposed paint job afterward's ?

B):blink:B):lol: COOL!!! Must get that body, it's just so nice. I can remember last summer in Nitro Nationals, Alastaro, here in Finland, there was '59 Cadillac Pro Modified. This one, Badillac. Yours is looking even better, because it's not normal version, it's panel!!! I'm watching this one for sure!!!

Hi their Bret i like what you are builing right now it looks great awesome .I am dong the same thing right now .i would like you to know if you look to front right top of head liner ,where the front windsheild goes it is slated to the right .the reason i know i was painting my and found it looking funny .i went back to the factory told them to look at it they saw what i mean . I wanted you now it looks awesome what you are builing my email is asphalt_rods@yanoo.com . i would like to some you some pictures of my work i have been doing of other pro mods thank you Todd

Thanks Niko, that car is awesome !!

Thanks Todd, Ive sent you an email. Don't be too worried lol. Post up your pics, I'm sure everyone here would like to see them too. If you want to check out my other builds just go to my photobucket, pro mods are in doorslammer album

Cheers Brett

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is stunning! Very nice job with it. I like the paintjob very much, and that detailing is very nice. It's wild ride, but that's only good thing. Very nice work with it, keep it going. Can't wait to see, what is coming next. ;)

• 5 months later...