Model Cars Magazine Forum

The abominable snow truck!

wgflatliner

Take the Lindberg Dodge Rammunition chassis, flat styrene sheets, styrene rods, some 1/35 scale weapons, and a club 'winter effects build' theme, and this is what you get.

a fantasy-ish post apocalypse weapon of destruction. and fun.

it's my first time (with help from a buddy) doing a diorama. I just needed him to show me how to lay down some ground work. all weathering and snow, etc, was done by me.

DSC02669.jpg

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02671.jpg

DSC02672.jpg

DSC02674.jpg

thanks everybody for the kind words! I really had a lot of fun building this up. It's original intent was for Blake's post apocalypse build, but my time line was way off, so the club's "winter effects" build-off made this model a perfect candidate.

the cab isn't drafty! it's got a handy super crazy space continuum modulating heater core. B) the cold air offsets the heater :lol:

when i got done with the truck itself, for SOME reason it looked incomplete, which is when i decided that a snowy muddy base was appropriate. once i finished it today, it was confirmed - it seems as though the base and the model together look.. complete?

Either way, i'm glad you all enjoyed it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...