Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fast 5,......Really ?

OK, I just seen a preview of Fast 5. This looks like the dumbest yet. Why do they insist on making these into some kind of crime/action flick, with some fake car action intermixed. Plus a rock, and I mean a rock can out-act any of these so called actors. A movie, should be made once, and only once, sequels are always a step down, but these 4 and five part sequels ? really ? why?

OK, I just seen a preview of Fast 5. This looks like the dumbest yet. Why do they insist on making these into some kind of crime/action flick, with some fake car action intermixed. Plus a rock, and I mean a rock can out-act any of these so called actors. A movie, should be made once, and only once, sequels are always a step down, but these 4 and five part sequels ? really ? why?

Why? That's easy - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I agree in that a sequel is seldom if ever as good as the original although I actually liked F&F2 better than the first one. The cars were sure a lot better anyways.. especially this one - http://www.imcdb.org/i000935.jpg My world ain't got no place for imports of any kind - give me tried and true good old American muscle anyday!!! I think that the producers are still trying to capitalize on the popularity of the first one or two F&F's.. I have seen them all and after the last one, I'll pass on a fifth, thanks. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much Hollywood sensationalism and fantasy.. ;)

Man... people are never on middle ground about these movies,where is it written that a "movie" has to be realistic? If you want realism watch a documentry (one day someone will make a docu drama about a day at the races.) if that documentry shows a guy going through tech, waiting in line ,wrenching, racing,loading up and going home.I can do that myself and don't want to see a movie about.I don't see why car guys and gals can't just enjoy the movies that throw us a little vehicle eye candy. Before the The Fast and Furious franchise we didn't have a good mindless popcorn and soda vehicle romp since the Cannonball Run movies. I don't watch these movies for oscar worthy performaces because lets face facts they don't have oscar type actors in them. I can pick apart these movies just like anyone else. The plot holes, bad acting,crazy stunts sign me up for he ride. The best most realistic car movie hasn't been made yet,and when it is it will be kinda boring.

Air bud, air buddies, air air air, need I say more? yes I do...I have not wanted to watch a F&F movie since tokyo drift. Since I have no tv and dont watch movies anyway it doesnt apply to me. Any Sequel past at least the 2nd is lame. On another not I used to street race, and before you hound me about the dangers, we took precautions. F&F is no where near REAL street racing.

... I think that the producers are still trying to capitalize on the popularity of the first one or two F&F's.. ...

I think I read last night that the fourth one actually has made the most money in the franchise. I don't know if it's because it was that successful, or if movie ticket prices have gone up that much in ten years...

...where is it written that a "movie" has to be realistic? If you want realism watch a documentry ...

There are plenty of things that are perfectly realistic that aren't boring, and I think a well done movie should strive for realism. Realistic and ordinary aren't the same thing. I don't have a problem with some big "wow!" stuff happening in a movie (I agree, that's what makes the movie), but I don't want to see something so far out there that I feel insulted- "They want me to believe that THAT really just happened??"

personally I like the original Fast & The Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious wasn't all the great (the plot was sort of cheesy). F&F Tokyo Drift was way out there, and it didn't do well since it didn't have Paul Walker or Vin Diesel in it. They remedied this with Fast & Furious (the 4th movie). Most people don't realize that the movies are actually in an incorrect order, sort of like with Star Wars. It goes Fast & The Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Fast & Furious, and then Tokyo Drift. Fast 5 is supposed to be directly after Fast & Furious in that the crew (I assume) break Vin Diesel's character out of the prison bus while he's being transported (remember he was sentenced to 25 yrs in prison at the end of the 4th movie). After that the crew leaves the States for Brazil. If I remember right, there will be a 6th movie in the franchise too, not sure after that. I don't see what the big deal is, there are far worse movies out there that went on and on and on and on... "Saw" is an example...

I plan on seeing it w/ friends, probably at an IMAX theater.

Its just your average action/suspense movie with some nice cars mixed in (I'm not biased, I like American and Foreign cars, they both have their pros and cons... for the import haters they will be happy to know that Fast 5 will have a lot more American Muscle in it).

Edited by MB_ChargerChick

I remember seeing the first movie in theaters when it was out. There were lots of ricer boys in the parking lot afterward, and when I got ready to leave, they were egging me on to do a burnout in the Chevelle. I obliged, there was lots of smoke, and they were surprised, then impressed. Good times... :D

If you watch the credits of the first one, at the end is sort of a prequel to the 2nd one. for Tokyo Drift, it has Dom in the end of it. then in the 4th one, because of what Brian did in 2, his record is clean, so he can get a job with the FBI. At the end of that one, he breaks Dom out of a transport so he is on the run again, which brings us to the 5th one.

• 2 weeks later...

no they don't as he had his own unique style. there are however alot of chases that in my opinion are better than anything he ever did. one of the TV channels over the holiday ran a pretty good show on the best car chases and it was fun to watch, nice to see alot of them put into one show instead of sitting through hours of movies just for those few minutes

I have collected car chases and crashes from movies and TV shows on video for 30+ years. As a result, I have ca. 70 hours of solid crashing without any boring stuff spoling them. Makes superb entertainment.

• 3 months later...

to be 100% honest i want to see this movie cause its an action movie with beautiful cars either imports or muscle. almost every movie out there isnt a realistic movie. a movie should be exciting and want the audience to like it for what it is a movie and just a movie. now sure there are people out there who go and buy a import and make it look like a car from the movie. but thats there choice to do that and i personoly am a muscle car guy but i do like to see good looking tuners not ricers. tuneres are racing imports to me, not those cars with the loud sound systems and crappy exhaust i hate those cause kids growing up just want to fit in. i go to school and almost everyone has a brand new car their parents bought them and they waste money by putting in a sound system or they just dont take care of it. when all i would like is a used car so i can fix up lol. but back to fast 5, its a movie and if ya dont want to watch it dont watch it, but everyone has their opionon, and on this site everyone can listen to everyone elses statement why they like it or dislike it. thats why i like this site alot.

That's funny...a rock can act better than The Rock... Sad, but, true.

OK, I just seen a preview of Fast 5. Why do they insist on making these into some kind of crime/action flick, with some fake car action intermixed... why?

Because there are still a few rare and highly collectible, pristine muscle cars out there that haven't been smashed to bits yet.

I'm looking forward to it. Cause in the end it's entertainment, and I like entertainment. Enjoy them for what they are, no thought popcorn movies. They are not looking for Oscar performances here. I'm sure the car sequences will be great.

Chris

I'm looking forward to it too!!! everything you said!!!

I'm looking forward to it. Cause in the end it's entertainment, and I like entertainment. Enjoy them for what they are, no thought popcorn movies. They are not looking for Oscar performances here. I'm sure the car sequences will be great.

Chris

That sounds about right, Guess I'll watch it if my Local low cost theater ($4 a head) gets it or rent it

or buy it at a discount. :mellow: