Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 outlaw 10.5 '82 camaro

comp1839

DAVE-

What's your thought process for "Glass" here? Especially with the rear wheel tubs the way they are? Are those pieces also going to be scratch built? And if so, out of what?

As W.C. Fields would say: "GODFREY DANIELS" (get it?). That's a GREAT build!....WOW!

Marty

This is the kind of build that got me back into the hobby.

Fantastic work!

I hope to do a Can-Am or some other race car in this scale and detail.

Has there ever been anything 1/8 Formula 1 done?

Yup! A couple of F-1 cars. The Lotus 72D John Player Special and the McLaren M-23.

Sometimes both appear on eBay, but usually go for BIG BUCKS, usually in the $300.00 to $400.00 range for a Lotus and more for the McLaren. I don't know of any CanAm in 1/8th scale.

CHEERZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

FANtastic work Dave. :lol:

LOVE the headers......now you got MY mind working overtime...(make some "rams horn" headers for my Camaro.....??? ;) )

And I'm not going to start on that AWESOME paint work, I've just drooled all over my keyboard......:o:blink:

Keep at it mate, I'm loving this.......;)

Dave I HATE YOU!, No thats not true i think i love you man! hmmm. that sounds a little hokie :lol: ok lemme just say I am always impressed by your skills, Ive been gone awhile but i check out your Photobucket on a daily basis and Ive been following this build that way(i always download your photos into a special folder called dave's stuff) you have inspired me to take cnc classes and cad i also own a milling machine now and I hope to start using it soon. Thx for all the uplifting inspiration. Take care my friend. Romell

B)

been working on some of the interior necessities. steering wheel. c02, fire and nitrous bottles. throttle pedal.

007-4.jpg

001-14.jpg

004-7.jpg

hope you enjoy.

Just curious if you used Dykem on the bottles?

Made me smile seeing the set of 1-2-3 blocks sitting up there in the picture of the body.

The build really is outrageous.

I was more or less wondering if anyone had built a Can-Am or formula 1, really any road race car either scratch built or built from a kit, not the availability of a kit. Lord knows my wife would kill me if I spent $300+ on a kit!

Edited by Evilmonkeyman

• 2 weeks later...

BEAUTIFUL!, the paint is just absolutely gorgeous!, the engine is fantastic!, simply put... AWESOME

You're truly a multimedia artist. Wonderful, subtle airbrushing. Did you put the headlight decals over chrome? I'm probably going to have to resort to clear headlight decals for some of my kits.

I am loving this build! It makes me want to do a large scale but with my mere mortal skills it would not be anywhere near this detailed. Question - Is there any source out there for tires/wheels in this scale available? Metal or resin? That is the one thing you cant really aproximate without good machines.

DJ

dj, i don't recommend using any r.c. stuff unless you don't mind things not being accurate. i have searched up and down and none of it is accurate for 15 or 16" wheels. i found 1 tire that has the proper rim size but the o.d. is to small for even a 22" tall front runner. rear tires are non- existent. i don't know if micro nitro on the board here does 1/8 wheels or not but, with out tires the wheels mean nothing. hence, i make my own wheels and tires. i do make them true to scale. i use the manufacturers specs.(when i can get them or i just measure the wheel myself) to produce as close to correct as i can. i do not sell wheels and tires though. so please,....don't ask.

• 2 weeks later...