Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Camaro SS

juergen

Hello my friends !

My next project is the builing a camaro SS from 1970. I will do this for my friend - he get the original and for his help by my firebird i will give him this present.

I used this amt model:

3164633332323563.jpg

this is the original from my friend:

3736643863353934.jpg

6365396637303566.jpg

greets juergen

This'll be GOOD Juerg!!! That kit has almost ALL the stuff you need to make a GREAT replica! In fact, from the pics you have, that kit will do the job right down to the WHEELS! What size engine is he running in it? You MAY need a Small Block. Let me know, I got PLENTY! Gonna be ANOTHER killer, Juergen, I KNOW it!!!!:D :D B):o

Hello my friends !

Thanks for your interesting in this project.

@george53: in the camaro is a big block 400 cui engine.

the first thing i do - i must built the right deep rims. i do this on my late and combined them with the craggars. in the front 8 deep and the heck 10 deep rims. the tires i make about resin for the right dimensions.

6137313737393765.jpg

3065373039663165.jpg

for the white letters i must take the goodrich decals i can find cooper cobra, but i think its ok so, or what do you mean???

greets juergen

Juergen, you MADE the outer rims???? Man, your too deep,brother! They look great. In 70 Chevy offered the 402 big block in the Camaro. It was called a 396 but it WAS a 402. It IS a Mark IV block, so it IS bigger'n a 350/400 SMALL block.:lol:;):D

Hello my friend !

Oh thanks for this info - i told me that´s a tuned 400 big block with much aluminum - you know;-) he is a mechanic and do much tuning on this motor. the power of this engine is horrible *gggg*

Yes i do the outer rims about aluminum on my late to made the deeper craggars.

greets juergen

I have this kit in the waiting till I get the white decals ;) and all I can find is the black so I have to wait till someone makes them.

In the motion camaro kit there are the white, black and silver decals. I was so happy that i can find this kit 2 times in the usa. in europe you can´t get this kit.

greets juergen

hello my friends !

this time i can show you a little more from the built. i get the resin front and pass them to the original parts. it´s not easy you can see the differents ;-)

3537633536326230.jpg

3466316231353063.jpg

the next is sanding, painting, sanding and so on.......

greets juergen