Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Ford Thunderbolt

maltsr

This is my latest build, it started out as a replica of Hubert Platt's Georgia Shaker but took a detour :D

I had polished and BMF'd the body when I realised I hadn't removed some emblems where decals are supposed to go :D . Wasn't sure about this blue being correct either (Tamiya Metallic Blue).

So plan B was hatched, using some Pegasus wheels, Hertz Mustang front seats and a scrap chassis to build this curbside replica.

I have already built 5 racecar replicas, but if anyone knows the correct shade of blue please let me know (preferably rattle can, I don't have an airbrush).

Thanks for looking.

004.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

I think it looks Great, Very nice Paint, I have a 1/1 63 Fairlane Sports Coupe and I know for sure the blue colors Availible in 64 were Viking Blue,Oxford Blue & Glacier Blue.The Blue you Used on this build is Real Close to Viknig Blue.

Edited by Dave Wood

He uses these for shaving you know ............... doesnt have a mirror , said he doesnt need one roflmao.

Beautiful as always Paul, cant wait too drool over it on Thursday night...................just so You'll have to clean it again lmao

Holy cow!!!!! Now THAT took my breath away! I wasn't expecting something quite so breath taking when I opened this thread!!!! That paint is incredible.. I cincur with regards to the wheels - they just do not suit the older cars IMHO but having said that, your Fairlane is the nicest one that I have ever seen in plastic form - by far! Can you post some interior shots? Given the quality of the workmanship on the outside, I can only begin to imagine whatthe interior must be like... Man, that is one nice builld!! I simply can't imagine a mo' betta - mo' sweet '64 Fairlane! My hat is sure off to you! AAAAAA++++ <_<:P:)

Edited by impcon

Thanks for all the kind comments guys and help with the colour (I'm British!) for the Platt car. As I said earlier, I've already built 5 racecar replicas with steelies/Radirs etc so I wanted this one to be totally different.

More of a shortcut than a detour, it's just a curbside because I had to get this 'finished' for our monthly club night on Thursday. (see you there, Brett)

Looks like I'll have to add an engine at a later stage when I find a suitable candidate... and suspension...dang, now it's another unfinished project :)

Edited by maltsr

Thanks for all the kind comments guys and help with the colour (I'm British!) for the Platt car. As I said earlier, I've already built 5 racecar replicas with steelies/Radirs etc so I wanted this one to be totally different.

More of a shortcut than a detour, it's just a curbside because I had to get this 'finished' for our monthly club night on Thursday. (see you there, Brett)

Looks like I'll have to add an engine at a later stage when I find a suitable candidate... and suspension...dang, now it's another unfinished project :D

Wow...no engine?...no suspension?...bottom line, its STILL one of the nicest builds...IMHO.