Model Cars Magazine Forum

Astro-Vette

Trae

Absolutely STUNNING :blink: I love how you've added so much character and changed it so much, but it looks completely believable as if this version was also done by GM design.

Can't wait to see this in person! Will you be in Anniston on March 19? If so, we need Covert to bring his Astro-Vette to display along side of it.

This is sweet, I have one, and don't know what to do with.........But now you give a little light for me to see.

Thanks

DUMP :blink:

Thank you! :)

Absolutely STUNNING B) I love how you've added so much character and changed it so much, but it looks completely believable as if this version was also done by GM design.

Can't wait to see this in person! Will you be in Anniston on March 19? If so, we need Covert to bring his Astro-Vette to display along side of it.

Thanks, Bob! Yes, dad and I will both be there.

I also thought about Pat's version - would be fantastic if he could bring it, haven't seen it in years.

There are only a few models you see that make you think "wow, that's both totally unique, and completely tasteful at every turn"

This one fits the bill. It looks like it coulda-shoulda-woulda was a real GM concept. Great job from design, to execution, to the presentation. Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you, Mark! That was definitely the look I was trying to achieve.

Absolutely spectacular. Looks like you replaced the kit glass, which makes a big difference.

Thank you!

Yep, I vacuformed this windshield using a salvaged kit part as a buck. It actually appears to be a reasonable thickness now. ;)

Hello there friend! Yikes talk about a mile deep paint job! Excellent build up and very clean too!!

WOW!!!

It looks Flawless.

Don't even know how you got the chassis to tuck up under it.

WOW!!!

Excellent work!!!

Thank you!

The AMT chassis actually fit up in it pretty well with just some minor trimming and shaping of the firewall and inner fenders. However, I did have to make some suspension modifications in order to achieve the lower stance.

Absolutely beautiful. Great styling and colors, The overall look is so integrated I had to compare it to photos of the original and also go back to your w.i.p., all to remind myself of the special touches you did to get it to this point. The move from white to red and white two tone, the side pipes, the hood scoop, the lowered stance and the torq thrusts and pinners all really improve the look, making it less of a show car and, somehow, more "real". The exquisite detail doesn't hurt one bit, either. Thanx for a truly fine piece of work. B):P

Edited by gbk1

STUNNING in EVERY respect!

This is the best take on this I've ever seen.

The silver interior is perfect.

[slinks back to bench].

Bob

Thank you!

I struggled a bit with choosing the interior color. I wanted to maintain a stock interior color from that era, but my choices were limited. I thought black would be too "dull" for this car, and a red interior would just be too much red. Finally decided on the seldom seen "gunmetal" interior, even though I still wasn't 100% sure I'd like the outcome. :P

vemp_0905_04_z+classic_1969_chevrolet_corvette+restored_custom_interior.jpg