Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spare parts '32

Lyle Willits

AMT Phantom Vickie cowl grafted to a Revell roadster body and channeled over the frame. Phantom Vickie chassis with AMT Wagonrod LT5 engine and wheels. Interior parts from all 3 kits. A few odds and ends and a couple of scratchbuilt parts. Paint is Duplicolor silver with LOTS of Tamiya clear (because the hobby shop was out of Testors Wet Look Clear B) )

I didn't realize I screwed up and made the pictures disappear. Here they are.

IMG_9607-vi.jpg?1298098677

IMG_9611-vi.jpg?1298098684

IMG_9615-vi.jpg?1298098692

IMG_9616-vi.jpg?1298098694

IMG_9617-vi.jpg?1298098699

IMG_9629-vi.jpg?1298098712

Edited by Lyle Willits

Wow ....this is cool...from the description it does not sound like it would work but you certainly nailed a fine looking build..... I really like it when multiple parts and elements come together....you did a fine job on this car!!!

Regards Bill (Duntov)

Absolutely gorgeous looking '32. The color and flames really pop to get your attention and then everything else just falls into place. Definitely a head turning rod, that's for sure. Sometimes the parts box builds surpass anything you can find in a kit and this is a prime example of that concept. Fantastic work!!! :)