Model Cars Magazine Forum

My girlfriend's first builds

Ryan S.

Hi All, my girlfriend Nichole, wrapped up her first two builds this past weekend and we wanted to show them off. First is the Revell 65 Shelby GT350, done in Testors Lime Ice lacquer. This one was close to finish a while ago, but had a little run in with one of our cats that jumped on a shelf above it, causing the shelf to fall on the car. I was able to help her fix the window pillar that broke as well as masking for some touch up paint. Other than that this one was all her. Not too bad right? :)

DSCN3746.jpg

DSCN3745.jpg

DSCN3744.jpg

DSCN3747.jpg

The Charger, of course, is the infamous Fast and Furious re-issue. This kit just sucks, but I'm sure most of you know that. She did her best to make lemonade with the lemon, though, and all in all it turned out pretty good. This one is all out of box. She wanted a bumble bee stripe on the back so she made one with electrical tape. There's some problems with the interior tub that cause the body to sit above the frame, but with all the other issues this kit has, and it's just going on the shelf, she didn't want to fanagle with it too much and we're calling it done too.

DSCN3752.jpg

DSCN3751.jpg

DSCN3753.jpg

Thanks for looking and I'll pass on any comments to her. Happy St. Pats day!

Edited by Ryan S.

Those are some nice hits for being the first time up to bat!! There's a lot of potential there!!

My wife finally sat down and tried her hand on one too. It was AMT's '57 Corvette Gasser. It was going pretty well and she was doing awesome and then the flip-up front clip wouldn't match up with the body. Even though I spent some time getting it fixed....she sadly lost interest and now it just sits.

Good to see your girl crank out two of them no less!!

Very nice builds .. 1st ones? wow! They are very clean.

For her next assignment, it's BMF. :rolleyes:

Hey Ryan ... are you related to our other Ryan Silva here?

Yup, BMF is on the agenda for the next one(s) she does. For sure.

Nope, no relation to the other Ryan Silva just two dudes with a cool name... :lol:

Thanks for the kind words eveyone, I'll pass them on.

For a first time they are pretty darn good, Tell her to keep it up and that everyone one is a learning experience. What will be her next builds?

Hey Sean, thanks for the kudos. I'm in the middle of a '69 Camaro Z28 RS, and just started a '71 Hemi Cuda while waiting for better spray painting weather. Next up? I have a '49 Mercury and '58 Chevy Impala just waiting on the shelf for me! I'm addicted! :lol: Working on putting a vinyl top on the Hemi and will do my first BMF job.

Mustang Nicky, Welcome to the madness! Those are two very nice builds. I really like the Mustang. That's a color you don't usually see them wearing and it looks good in green. I tell all new builders to concentrate on the basics, do a nice, clean build and the more advanced stuff will come in time. I don't need to tell you this because you've got the basics down pat. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Yeah, the cage sits really weird in the tub OOB like that.

I assume this charger is made by the smae team that did the general lee charger, all the same kit flaws show through, like the cage that sits low. Lol I got so upset with the cage that I parts boxed it.

Not to downtalk your girlfriend mate, she's done a fantastic job, pitty the Charger kit isn't what i was hoping it to be, oh well I plan to find a good kit and make up the Fast and Furious Charger one day anyways.

Thankd for sharing, and tell her to keep up the good work!